YouTube Videos Thread

Hey all!
Thought it would be a good idea to keep a thread going where people can post their YouTube videos of Boundless. Feel free to post your latest content here!

13 Likes
12 Likes

Finaly a thread for finding good videos of bs

Eh, might not want to use “bs” as an abbreviation of Boundless haha. It’s commonly used shorthand for a swear in American (and British?) English. People seem to use B< pretty frequently on these forums if you have difficulty typing out the full word.

4 Likes

Lol i know what bs means its Whats that comes out of bulls

The entrance to my mine will never be locked! It is very muchly public space, I only beaconed it to keep it that way! The doors keep spitters out…

Also, if we get plinths before world reset, I will be installing a shopping mall in there.

6 Likes

I demand escalators!

5 Likes

But those suck people inside and squish them…

I support more videos of Boundless gameplay, crafting and development updates.

Crafting page on wiki is up to date.

4 Likes

hey guys I caught your builds on video :slight_smile:

9 Likes

and the legend says that hes till in that hole

1 Like

New video!

12 Likes

Shed some tears with this one!

15 Likes

Memory lane

So awile back I was playing fallout. I had completed the last dlc and was looking for somthing new.
So one day I sead to google “google find me a massive online sandbox game” to witch it replied “no mans sky”. After researching it I hesitantly hit buy on steam. Damn out of money on my card. So back to utube where I see a vidio from squidgy on ort. Omg this looks awsom! Then I watched one by shake and bake and I was hooked. So come payday I was once agean hitting the buy button but this time it was for boundless and I must say it is one of the best games I have ever played. In fact I haven’t enjoyed an online game this much since ultima online.
So consider this my boundless review. 5 out of 5 stars and a speshal thanks to people like squidgy and shake for there awsom vidios. Also dev team you guys rock more than you even know. I have a feeling this game is going to be hudge!
I can honestly say ort has the biggest walls of them all! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Thanks!! It really means a lot to get msgs like this!!

2 Likes

I did make a video a while ago… Im not sure how good it was, seeing as i just chopped up the trailer videos I had access to at the time… But, as my first every youtube video, I don’t think its too bad!

Oort Online Trailer (UNOFFICIAL)

1 Like

I made a short video containing 10 tips, it’s not a let’s play, but I hope it fits in here (I can’t post in the guides section).
I realize not everyone likes to watch videos, so you can also find a written version below. Hope it’s useful!

1. Boundless has an interesting way of managing what you’re holding in your hands. You can make sets, and scroll between these with the scroll wheel. However, if you hold ctrl or alt while scrolling, you can scroll individual hands. Alternatively, you can go into options and change how the scroll-wheel works, by either only changing your primary or secondary hand. This takes some getting used to, but ultimately I really like the flexibility of these options.

2. Resource generation works completely different from minecraft. If you just dig into a random direction it’s possible you won’t find anything for a very long time. Resources tend to spawn close to other resources. Therefore, checking cliffs (or inside of caves) for resources to dig (even coal) is good. Then you just follow that vein and possibly run into another vein of another resource. To be sure you can dig 1 block around that vein, as they don’t always spawn RIGHT next to it. This method doesn’t always work, but gives consistently good results (especially when looking for ancient tech fragments in mountains).

3. You can split your stacks by holding the left mouse button on them, and then dragging the cursor to the desired amount.

4. When crafting, try to craft a lot at once. YOu get a discount in the resources you’re using. However…crafting 10 hammers at once will clog up your crafting bench for the full duration, so if you need a hammer really quickly, it might be good to craft 1 first, and then the rest in mass to save resources.

5. At the beginning of the game, don’t immediately use all your coal for smelting ores and cooking food. Only use the amount that you need. The reason for this is that you’ll soon be crafting a ‘compactor’. This can compact your coal into compact coal. To create 50 compact soft coal you need 360 soft coal. This means that 72 soft coal is the same amount of coal as 10 compact soft coal. However, 72 soft coal gives 44 ‘cycles’ worth of burning, while 10 compact coal gives 66. Therefore, waiting until you craft the compacter will help you save lots of resources.

6. Boundless found a nice way to organize your inventory efficiently, using so called ‘smart stacks’. You will recognize these when an item has a ‘#’ after it instead of a number. If you right click on this item, you can open the smart stack, and see what’s inside it. Different items can be in the same stack, as long as they belong to the same catagory (e.g. food, stone, rock, wood). Very useful! Watch out when building with a smart stack though, as you might suddenly be building with a different block than intented.

7. Navigation in this game is done using coordinates. You can see where you are by pressing e and clicking on locations. However, when navigating somewhere this isn’t very nice as you keep having to go back and forth from the user interface. What you can do, is press ‘.’ twice. This makes some information pop up. Look for the line called ‘camera pos’, which tells you were you are. This updates in real time, so now you can move around while seeing at which coordinates you are.

8. when building stuff while walking on a narrow platform, it’s easy to fall off. Prevent falling off from edges by holding the ‘creep’ button (default: ‘c’).

9. If you’re ever stuck somewhere, or don’t want to walk all the way home, you can press ‘esc’ and click on ‘go back to sanctum’. At Sanctom, you can interact with your current portal to ‘bump it somewhere safe’ in case you were in a dangerous position. However, if you just want to go to your beacon (or other saved locations), interact with the portal on the other side of sanctum, and specify where you want to go. However, be aware that this does cost you some coins.

10. Beacons allow you to build special things like machines within a 8x8x8 area. However, this area is not defined by the beacon itself, but rather by the game. You can visualize this by either crafting a ‘beacon plot remove’ or ‘beacon plotter’. When you hold either of these, you will see a white opaque area. This is the area that you own and can build within (and others cannot destroy your stuff there). You can add area with the beacon plotter, but only if you have land plots available (which you unlock by leveling your skills).

8 Likes

Really great video… thanks for creating and sharing it.

2 Likes

at the request of @Xanotos and @Chonps 's curiosity i made a video regarding world regeneration… i honestly thought i wouldn’t be able to capture this on camera! XD

11 Likes