10+ DIFFERENT types of BLACK rock. NOT 1 PURE White?

That is a great idea because it weaves into a lot of other aspects of the game.

1 Like

Nice link. I’ll be glad when things aren’t so pink/red! I’m just excited about the potential!

You don’t like the Pink Bismuth?! But at least you don’t have indigestion!

Also, I think that there could be a way to add a surface paint texture that still shows some of the underlying texture and color, and you could paint three times, like with grass, and have varying degrees of coverage.

3 Likes

I’ll never have it again after Alcyon! There was talk of block tinting right around release, and I think that’s an awesome idea!

Ashen Blue Brick looks white in Maryx, lucky for those who live on that planet. I do wish a variety of white tint are available.

Any explanation on why we have so many ugly pink world?

2 Likes

Nope, but I made a post to help mitigate the damage to your eyes and brain.

Despite it’s too soon to conclude anything about long term exposure. Everything point towards scary urban legend with players transforming into unicorns and little pony.

2 Likes

Try weary yellow sand. that is how i get the white walls on my builds

You can get it on Angel I

1 Like

I just want those delicious worn out beige Sedimentary rocks we had during beta;

10 Likes

And ears. We had ears. And more clothes.

8 Likes

At least let us Make Dyes where we can Dye the rock…At Least!

I’m not sure dyes will ever be a thing. That would kinda void the point of having to go to other worlds to get different colors.

2 Likes

And we need the damn tails! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On a more on-topic note, did anyone record the colour indices of the old home world palettes when the system got changed? Would be interested :thinking:

5 Likes

You can find whiteish, Ashen Taupe sand on Gyosha Ophin. :sunglasses:

Actually, according to the devs ( too lazy to find the quote on my phone) they are planning a tinting/dying system where you would be able to extract colors from blocks and use them on another block.

3 Likes

Many old config files from world builder are gone including those related to the old worlds.
Seem they have been removed recently (between 195 and 200).

Since the light rendering is not the same, we will never get the exact same result anyway :sob:

There’s I think, ashen blue sand too. I used it for a canopy, looks almost white…Or it’s the ashen taupe guy above me mentioned. I don’t pay attention to names, i just collect lots of everything and pick a colour when I need it

World painter for Minecraft was open source I believe. Maybe someone could tweak that to function with Boundless’ infrastructure

They did but they are referenced as a shade of blue as the base color of blocks without any images on them is white. They did this to combat x-ray skinpacks to cheat in the game but in doing so they rendered white as a bad color I think. So they use off set shades of blue instead.

Are you guys all bathing together?

1 Like

That’s me, @Scratchnwiff and @DanBeforeTime.

They were helping me find the soap.

6 Likes