1st or 3rd Person View

I almost never go into 3rd person unless for a screenshot, but I was wondering if others use 3rd person as little as I do. I mine, craft and everything in 1st person unless it forces me to do otherwise.

So, just out of curiosity, do you play in 1st person view or 3rd person?

4 Likes

In Boundless always 1st person view.

I only use 3rd person view in games when the gameplay requires it. Like in Assassins Creed hanging on a wall in 1st person would look stupid and hinder gameplay.
Or when the character and animation is so beautiful that I want to see my character doing things :smiley:

2 Likes

@Lorgar this is me. I have never had the need to go into 3rd person except for maybe a screenshot or two.

1 Like

When i lead hunts, I did a few hunt challenges before were you had to remain in 3rd person the entire time. It is fun and challenging. Changes it up sometimes.

3 Likes

exploring, building, farming always 1st person view

2 Likes

There’s a 3rd person view? impish grin

5 Likes

1st person for me except farming (harvesting/planting).

2 Likes

I use 1st person for everything. But I did mod the 3rd person camera which makes it more usable by slightly offsetting the camera so you can see the target icon in the centre of the screen.
More of an over the shoulder view.

6 Likes

Always 1st person for me. I’ve nothing against it in games that have it as an option, but in Boundless 3rd person is pretty rubbish. The character almost seems disconnected from the world and the movement is weird.

3 Likes

First person almost always. More likely to perish in 3rd person :grin: so i stay clear of that one :joy:.

(Tmmk sees him self fall in 3rd person because he hit the wrong button. And no mater how much he panic mashed to grapple something…. It was in vain… :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:)

2 Likes

almost never unless i’m counting who’s in a huddle with me or trying to look around something (like craning one’s neck) or just want to gaze at myself

3 Likes

whenever I’ve changed pov from 1st person while playing Boundless it’s always been because I hit a key without looking and then I panic to try and work out what I hit, and how to change it back lol.

3 Likes

nope, not anymore. prior to modding the inventory / chest interaction to stop using the 3rd person front view, then never used 3rd person since :smiley:

3 Likes