2018 Release Status

you tha man! :pray:

@slyduda

I agree with you. i was just explaining that there was an official rumor that things would be happening sooner… and as i also understand, there are always hold ups… there are more suggestions whic are thought about being added to the game… because of this the devs need to implement them/test them/release them… and etc…

for once i was not being a git with the way i was intending my above comment :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, no worries guys. I was just trying to make a fun, witty remark against that other game that failed to contain it’s hype and made false promises. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ahh i thought i recognized the HG comment :wink: lolol

Ps4 development is synchronous to pc development. Its just that playstation doesn’t technically support an early access model.
1.0 release will be on pc and ps4 on the same day. Again there will be a 6 month warning

5 Likes

@ctrl-64 So maybe its worth diving in and getting the game on Mac? I want to have the best experience but cant afford a decent PC so was waiting for the PS4 version

My specs if anyone can offer an opinion on how it would run:

Id hold off on the Mac, both my wife and I play on mac’s and while the game ran perfectly smoothly before, after the last couple updates its basically unplayable on her MacBook air 2013, very laggy on my iMac 2015, and doesn’t run at all on my MacBook Pro 2017. You might be lucky and have no issues but theres quite a few mac users on the forums having major problems.

3 Likes

Could you quickly try the Testing release? And let use know if it improves any of your Macs? There are a few little things in there that might have helped.

1 Like

PS4 will launch at the same time as PC:

But, there probably won’t be a PS4 beta:

So, unfortunately, you probably still have a while to wait :frowning:

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, but i’ve already seen this old article after searching nearly every day since early last year.

What i’d really like is a fresh response from the devs giving us some kind of ETA for full release. I really want to play the game but from the above it sounds like i wont get the level of experience that i’d like from my Mac.

So yeah… i’m holding on for any kind of PS4 news. gazes pleadingly over to @james <3

Much love guys.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I hate to really sound like the new guy and I looked on the steam store page, I am unsure of where to find the testing release.

As promised 2:

5 Likes

Im taxing my macs pretty hard at the moment rendering a lot of footage for work, but will hopefully be able to get on in the morning to test it out.

go to your library, right-click boundless, go to the Betas tab, and change where it says “none opt out” to “testing” and apply. This will trigger the download for the testing release. Note: when you go into “Testing” mode you will be lvl 1 with no worlds, but going back to the properties and opting back out will re update the game and you will have your other worlds and character back.

3 Likes

@james If you fancy sending me a game code i’ll happily test this on my Mac all weekend :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

well your graphics card is better than mine but i have a 3.4ghz i7…
it’s playable on the lowest settings but the framerate drops pretty bad if they’re maxed.
this was only in the last update so they will most likely improve that. I was able to play with max settings before, the fps was in the 20’s-30’s which is playable for me.
I might actually buy a ps4 just to play boundless because of the framerate issues on mac…

2 Likes

@ctrl-64 Thanks for replying mate, appreciate it! Maybe i might be able to play it then, don’t really want to get it when it costs £27 just for me to buy it on the PS4 when it eventually comes out :confused:

1 Like

[insert extream sarcasm here] oh gawd… please no! not the money debat… again!.. i must have stepped into the wrong room… /wave

3 Likes

Behave :wink: I was just voicing my opinion, friend. It’s steep if I was to purchase both is what I’m saying :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i was only joking :stuck_out_tongue: and also implying no comment :wink:

1 Like