2019 Halloween Event

In terms of unpopular opinion, I’ll do you one better.

I’m against the devs putting more time on Holiday events than they already have, while there’s soooo much things we’ve already been waiting for years.

As far as I’m concerned, the game lacks variety in terms of blocks and props.
The Halloween Event already has 2 props (not counting the seeds), and to me, they’re less interesting because they can only be crafted during Halloween (unless you have left-over seeds).

At least, in Creativerse, you need the Halloween Event to find/learn the recipes, but the recipes don’t require anything Halloween-specific, meaning you can craft these things whenever you want. Wanna start a haunted house build early to be ready for the event of next year? You can. People might even have recipe-books to sell.
I find the CV method 10 times better.

IMHO, what the devs should do is either go the CV way, or release more content that’s not holiday-themed.
But more holiday content as it is, it’s a nope from me.
Currently, it’s crafting-list clutter. Nothing more.

1 Like

I appreciate the response… I do think they need to focus on more content. My hope was that if they were thinking of doing something different that they would be open for other ideas.

Personally I would prefer this model much more. It isn’t focused on a dwindling resource with the requirement to wait forever for it to come back.

I do love the idea of random portals poping up where players have to fight monsters in a difficult-but-fun environment.

I feel such an event can also create the foundation for dungeons - that is, portals that spawn randomly on elemental worlds that lead to difficult dungeons in much the same way your event portals would lead to a new world (except these dungeons would be year-round)

Obviously quite a bit more work needed for the second part, but the foundation would be there.

Will there be a boundless one year birthday event?
I hope so, with cake and balloons.
And I hope we can make more people decorations like the snowmen and scarecrows.
Maybe we could use a transformation chisel to program them to do different things, like wave to greet people in stores, or jump out and intimidate to scare burglars in your house, or maybe one to use as a decoy that yells at mobs and smells bad so all the critters shoot at the decoy instead of you…

Just trying to think of fun ideas…

1 Like