2023 Boundless State of the Universe

When people keep demanding updates after it has been made clear that it would be a period of time to work a transition and longer to get a team hired before development can begin, it’s just going around in circles. It’s not going to get you the result you want. But, please feel free.

trumpets

They sold it because they didn’t have the time to put more effort into the game. Realize that the game would have been in maintenance until they were finished with BG 3. And there’s no idea to how much they’ve signed up to commit to the game. It could have been another 3 years before they were ready to return to Boundless.
It was a wise business decision to sell. The alternative would have been to shut down the game for good, which is what would have happened.

4 Likes

Oh I know. I just enjoy being snarky when people come out with pitchforks and torches. :rofl:

3 Likes

Actually it is more likely they did not have the money to work on the game. Square Enix already stated they did not generate enough revenue from steam to even pay for the planets. So I doubt there was enough money from sovereigns and PS to pay for a development team. If there was, why did the wonderstruck employees become part of Larian Studios UK?

3 Likes

Big chonker energy :joy: How ya been? :joy:

To the rest of the Atubios, chiiiiill :sunglasses:

3 Likes

im a yabo we relax chilling is for atubios

3 Likes

tenor

Hello you beautiful ray of sunshine! Oh how I have missed you! :rofl: Who are you again??? :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I agree it is obvious to me. It has nothing to do with having enough time to work on Boundless and everything to do with wanting a paycheck for your work since Boundless alone was apparently not generating enough income to cover its costs, including payroll.

2 Likes

Hello, for my part I think that monumental has money problems and that the 1 or even 2 years of transition are only a pretext to make the community wait without forgetting that they are in the process of redoing their Crowfall games and to I think there are a lot of Boundless things that will appear in Crowfall. the total silence of the devs and their lack of transparency shows that they want to abandon Boundless so I make an offer of 1€ to Momentale to buy the game serious offer.

2 Likes

Have to give props to @Turrican2006 for coming up with this fantastic fan made trailer. The soundtrack sounds very familiar :wink:

18 Likes

Ty @tarranth for shouting Out this.
IT took me so many hours to get this done Like it is and enjoyed it.
I did this because i Love this Game so much and wanted to Show actuall ingame grafics so people can see whats real .
The music i took consciously because i wanted to keep that feeling which it can give you .

Tryed to find things that fits to the spoken words.

I reply my self but thx again and to all others WHO have watched, liked, commented and or even shared it .

Because its for us for the Game and for the Community.

Greetings Turrican2006

7 Likes

@Turrican2006 Omg! This is wonderful!! I screamed with joy when I seen my blue water haha. Really amazing video. You have a great voice and you really captured the beauty of this game. Please make more like this :hugs:

5 Likes

Its Not my voice i am sry , took the original Sound from and telling from the Launch Date Trailer.

But glad that you Like IT.

I am thinking about doing more of such content but this Takes time you have to make a Lot of vid content recorded and to think about what you want to Tell in such a Trailer and then Bring everything together its like you produce your own movie…

My First try of such content was the Easter Hunt Movie which got perhaps a bit too Long ,more than 3 hours Material Put in a 20 Minutes vid . My self i find the very end of it very good because its like the end of a movie.

@Hazel1558 did a hunt Event eastern and i recorded everything and than i thought i give IT a try .

I am Always Open for ideas for content and Specially for critics to make it better in the Future.

This Game has so much to offer doing Trailers and IT was very hard to decide what will i Take for the next scene .

The Beauty of the Game is the people and how they build and behave .

6 Likes

to be honest - @Turrican2006 - your vid should be boundless trailer forever :smiley:
you show perfectly every aspect in Boundless :smiley:

6 Likes

That was an awesome video. Not because it was of my hunt but because it was so well put together. Felt like a mini movie.

6 Likes

The “devs” from Monumental (there aren’t any yet) have been anything but silent. Monty and Tiggs have regularly posted on the forums and occasionally given us updates. It’s a slow process to transition an IP to another company. It will take time.

4 Likes

Why would they abandon something they just bought? :man_facepalming:
You don’t know what the heck your talking about. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

@Turrican2006 :+1: very well done. Your video is inspiring. For the builds featured in the video, I respect the builders’ work and artistry. Makes me want to keep playing :boundless:

4 Likes

You mean we haven’t been playing 3D Tetris this whole time?!?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say they need to do anything as far as updating us until after a year has passed from the sale. Even then we should only be expecting progress updates.

However, purely from a vibes standpoint, I feel more motivated in game when there’s more excitement on the forum. Even if there were just threads on somewhat random thoughts about the game, if they got me more engaged here I know I’d be more engaged in game. I’ve had trouble motivating for a while now, finding it hard to want to do the busy work side of things while I’m still full of build ideas.

What they really ought to do is pin their latest update threads to the top of the forum so returning players can see their most recent posts immediately. People don’t want to come here and have to seek out dev posts when they may not even know their usernames.

7 Likes

why not communicate with the community in this case? why not communicate the real reason for the slow transition? just for info as someone said above it’s 3 to 6 months especially when we talk about small studios