3 Free Steam keys to give away!

well said @catfud. Idk how many shops resort to piracy to sell game keys but as long as a majority buy the game legit, it’s not a big problem.

Afaik steam only gets 30% when you buy a game through their store, when you enter a key they get notink.

At $3 regular price without sale. I doubt it.

2 Likes

I mean sure there are strong opinions among gamers (like always), but maybe listen to the ones that count: the ones of developers, who are directly involved and who have unanimously condemned G2A (and services like it). They even said they’d prefer you pirating their game instead of buying it at those sites. :man_shrugging:

Lastly, I’ll leave this here:

3 Likes

Found that video a little intense/problematic in its journalism style, but thanks for the info, here are a couple of posts I found to be better journalism for my taste:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-21-murky-world-of-pc-game-key-reselling-exposed-by-indie-developer

It seems sites like G2A are beneficial to some publishers/developers as a means for there key sellers to get out allot of keys, but for those who don’t use the system well/ are not being privy to the way their keys are being handled it can result in confusion/hurt feelings.

Think ill try to stick with Humble Bundle for my keys, but TBH if the Boundless team is being responsible with who they give/let sell their keys, it could help In getting more players and money flowing in that they otherwise wouldn’t have.

It seems the people who are most vocal against the site are those who were not paying attention enough to how they distributed keys to their own game, and almost all the articles and videos you can find seem to be quoting these select few developers who were perhaps just not educated enough on how to manage their game keys. But then on the other-side there only seems to be a few developers who are talking about how sites like these have helped them get sales and players involved.

I think the debate needs more voices and iI hope it continues, as it is a very interesting one.

Will let you know if I see a Humble Bundle sale again as it seems impossible to fault them they are probably a safe bet for buying keys.

1 Like

Boundless 5.99 on steam right now

6 Likes