A community event maybe?

After the 2-D contest is over (man… i really need to build something) how’s about this:

The Boundless Ice Racing Championships!

Ever been out on flat ice, and used your grapple? The speeds you can get to are crazy! So, what about an elevated Ice track around the world. With obstacles and viewing platform checkpoints, with portals to the next one. Watch the racers WHOOSH by, cheering on your favorite racer in pants.

The trick would be… what grapple would you use? Maybe the speedy long reach one? Maybe the short hook-shotter? Ruby, Gold… so many different combos with the Forge. Do you think you have the best combo? Prove it son!

Honestly, the speeds you can get up to feel so awesome in a game where you walk/run everywhere… go try it out!

Is @the-moebius in the lead? Well he was until he hit that iron wall with just the one block opening in the middle! Now its @serenity with the dual wield Gold and Emerald! “It must be the pants Bob… look at 'em go!”

I think that would be a great time! I find it fun just grappling from shroom to shroom on Bes…

3 Likes

I think the challenge for such an event would be to make it fair for everyone in every earth region. How do you know what place an AUS player is compared to an eastern US player or western EU player?

Hmmm… regionals maybe?

How about instead of Art, and not racing. Why not an actual building project?

Have the… Leaders? Hosts? Whatever, set up an area for a city, and have a contest of who can build the best homes/buisnesses/shops, and so on.

Then they can kick everyone out and claim the city the people build for them for free. :smiley:

Well lets say you can only compete in one region’s competition. We have no way to actually tell what region you’re in. So players who aren’t as good might stay up late to compete in a less popular region instead. I dunno. I think a race would be fun too, just not sure how to make it fair to everyone.

Some perspective on the vote that happened for the first PS community event:

EDIT: just FYI the PS guild meetings are public and the next one is on December 2nd @ 19:00UTC / 2pm EST

Wait… so if it was one big race, why wouldn’t it be fair? I thought you were talking about lag? I think on a remote planet, away from hubs the lag should be minimal for everyone, no?

No, because not everyone who plays this game lives in the same region.

Let us suppose the event was hosted on a US EAST server. the players who live in US EAST will have a lower ping then the players from US WEST or AUS. regardless if the area is busy or not.

This is a problem that even plagues me in LoL.

Not to mention the fact the event is being hosted, will bring players to the event, and some of the group hunts are just unplayable for some people on the PS4 platform when 20 or more people show up.

If there’s rubber-banding… then it would for sure be a problem. If it’s just client lag, and server prediction to tell who comes in first, well I think it will be long enough that it won’t be a photo finish.

So, where are the Lvl5 planet servers? Like Besevrona? are they central? Any less lag on one planet or the other?

Lvl5 Besevrona - EU
Lvl5 Serpensarindi - US EAST
Lvl5 Alnitans - US WEST

The servers have a hard time as it is, trying to even keep up with mob deaths and healing bombs, due to what is most likely a flawed implementation, for me to trust it with anything that is very time sensitive, like a race.

some people might need to sleep, depending on their RL situation and their earth region.

nichejoke

2 Likes

I live in us east, and i have the worst lag on us east servers, and EU servers i have the least (except finata)

Lets have another drop party for everyone! One that is timed better so more people can show up lol. And spread the word more. If you are interested in giving to the community you can donate anything you would like and it will become part of the next giveaway drop event

lol. post a great idea on the forums and some one HAS to poopoo on it.

I LIKE this idea and support it.

this is for FUN people! lets just have fun!

We could always host the race on finata. Middle of ultima. Get tons of shops to hide location tags with the name of the next location selling for 1c…

Pretty much anyone who can finish the race should get a prize hahaha