A completion list for items

Hello
Ok so I have a lot of machines in many different parts of the land. and it is starting to get hard to remember what had what going in what machine. So you have to walk up to each one and it becomes a process to look for the one thing you were trying to find in it once they are done. I know when you walk up to one you see a timer and see how long it will take for completion and what you are making and that is fine. What i am suggesting is you add another machine that you would hook up to the machines that you own with pipe or you can make the power core keep track of it.

Example:
Ok so whatever machine you link up with the machine or power core with pipe will show up with a itemize list. like so of things completed so you can just go to one place to see and move on.

List item

Workbench 1 ---- 10 Iron Hammers
Workbench 2 ---- 6 Iron Shovels
Extractor 1 ---- 10 Fragments
Extractor 2 ---- 25 Fibre Extract
Compactor 1 ---- 99 Clay
Compactor 2 ---- 53 Compact Soft Coal
Compactor 3 ---- 70 Compact Medium Coal
Compactor 4 ---- 3 Compact hard coal
Refinery 1 ----- 5 refined Iron
Mixer 1 ----- 0

It can be super simple or really complex what you like. just thought it would be a nice addition especially when the full release comes out and people will be making alot of things if they are a shop owner.

Thanks love the game keep on creating

10 Likes

Really like this idea, it’s such a pain having to manually check every machine every few hours…

I was thinking about a set of lights for “empty” & “in progress” & “finished stock” but that’s me only working with 1 of every machine, now I’ve seen others builds with 4 or 5 of every machine it might need something a little more detailed like your list.

Maybe even combine it with being able to name machines? I’d have a pretty good idea of what my machine “Mr soft coal compactor” or “Mr Food furnace” or “Mr Brick mixer” was doing.

Maybe the power core itself could show your “progress list” of all machines linked to it if a new machine is out of the question.

3 Likes

I feel, like a cable type thing and a pc like machine will be a cool addition for it. It can also combine pretty well with the engine system they’re bound to implement for the power resource. Will be highly benefitial for crafters and help manage the overall production pretty conveniently

1 Like

Maybe a PC like machine could also be used for channeling more power into certain machines that you need things done faster (with a downside of causing more Wear on the machines or a chance to break the machine if you go for full power?)

“We need more power to the compactor Mr Scott!!!”
“I’m givin’ it all I can, she is nay gonna hold Captain!”

1 Like