A few things I'd like from the game

1. Some better player interaction system

A quickchat function for console edition would work well. The current chat is absolutely the worst. A few incentives for player interaction could also work. I dislike relying on 3rd party websites to do the chatting

1. a better plot system

A better plot system could do wonders for the game. I have a build that requires thousands of plots to do and I only have 300 (lol i am such a noob). It currently limits the playerbase and could be better replaced. Were also forced to build with 2 block centers or else we need a bunch of extra plots and unsymmetrical plots kinda trigger me a little.

1. Slightly less grind

The grind doesn’t allow me to enjoy building in the live universe. One thing in the live universe is that you must grind a LOT to build something. Grind for nice building blocks, grind for plots, I hope this is fixed in the level rework. I can buy some blocks but other blocks can only be crafted as nobody sells them on BUTT. I have to mine, buy some ingredients,craft it. WHOOPS IT TAKES AN HOUR TO CRAFT time to grind more for plots to actually place it. (mines gleam) 10 more plots, perfect! (one year later) I’m finally finished with my 100 plot airport! yaaaay!

edit: I still need to fuel the beacon so others see it. Also, No flame wars, this is just some things I think the game could do better along with a story about the grind.

3 Likes

I played a lot of Minecraft and I never encountered a plotting system (plugin) as good as Boundless. The fact that the world is regenerating is awesome and keeps the wilderness beautiful. Also, I have around 1200h in the game and 4000 plots. So it is not that hard. We could use some tools for mass de-plotting or plot transfer between beacons but when I realized the benefits of the plots, I was blown away!
My 5 year old’s first thought was to build a 1x1 dirt tower to the sky. First one regenerated and second one is only 16 blocks high, because he only plotted 2 high :slight_smile:

Regards,

4 Likes

I think some kind of “ping wheel” would be great For communication. It could be customizeable too so you could use it example For Basic communication… For hunts (Quick ping To chat “say incoming” or “say gather up”)

4 Likes

Really? cause i have had the other experience

The most basic one that almost everyone has is Grief Prevention Overview - Grief Prevention - Bukkit Plugins - Projects - Bukkit that works almost literally the same way the boundless claiming system works.

then there is a the actual real plugins that have really cool features like the OG towny Home · TownyAdvanced/Towny Wiki · GitHub

Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and griefing.
Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
Flexible tax system.
Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.

Then it supports this plugin that lets you buy and sell whole settlements https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/townymarket-sell-and-buy-towny.71786/

and that " Players join towns and purchase plots of land. " isn’t like im buying the plots from the server admin to let me claim land. It’s this land is owned by town X and i need to buy it from them.

The problem with chat is its sorted by oldest first, so every time i get a new message im at the top of the list and if i didnt catch it in the .2 seconds it was up i have to hit enter and the scroll to the bottom of the list…

Why can they just keep chat on NEWEST FIRST like literally every other game out there with chat and have a setting that lets me keep it up indefinitely…

the only thing i use chat for in game is to tell people to use discord.

2 Likes

Newest First is something definitely good. I find the plotting system a little frustrating (as 1 center builds trigger me for some reason). I think the plotting system is a lot better than a lot of minecraft servers tho. Buugi’s ping wheel idea is amazing and the quickchat right now isn’t that quick.

I think the current plotting system is basic at best, it leaves a lot to be desired namely the ability to transfer a beacon to another player with out needing to involve support.

I have seen people ask for the ability to buy and sell plots a bunch of times and adding something like that would be a game changer for some players.

I have asked a bunch of times for the ability to rent out plots to other players, which would solve issues with running malls and inactive players. (or players that claim land just to be jerks)

these are super basic features.

yall give way to much slack tbh.