A New Artist Appears

Hi y’all!

I’m Jess, and I’m the latest addition to the Wonderstruck art team here in sunny(wait, no, it’s raining again…) Guildford. The team’s really busy and buzzing with excitement right now, so I’m eager to get down to work on Oort Online!

I’ve been working in the games industry for a little over six years now, most recently as a freelancer, but before that I was at Jagex in Cambridge for a good few years working on Transformers Universe, a whole host of games under the FunOrb banner, and a brief stint on Runescape.

You may have seen a bit of Oort fanart I made on Twitter around this time last year - I’m looking forward to being able to share some official work soon!

19 Likes

Hey Jess! Welcome.

1 Like

Welcome! :smiley:
I remember seeing this awesome fanart on twitter some long time ago :stuck_out_tongue: Congratz on making it this far!

1 Like

I remember! I can’t believe it’s been that long already. Welcome, can’t wait to see more from you in the future :smile:.

3 Likes

Welcome^^
What did you do in Runescape? I played it quite a bit an I’m curious^^

Can we see some of that transformers art?

Welcome @jesshyland!

1 Like

Nice to meet you.

1 Like

Amazing! Welcome Jess! :smiley:

2 Likes

That is great! Welcome Jess!! :grinning:

3 Likes

Show us your might! Right here! Right now!

1 Like

I was only on Runescape for about a month, when pretty much anyone who could be spared from their usual work was called in to help finish the Clan Citadels update. I made a bunch of props for the Citadels including things like weapon racks, tents, a series of magic standing stones and a collection of backdrops for a theatre if I recall correctly.

Basically, I got given an enormous list of things to make and as soon as I’d finished modelling one I ticked it off, passed it on for texturing, then moved onto the next one. It was a busy month! :smiley:

4 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t have much left to show for my time on TFU, but if you look up screenshots of the game you’re almost certain to see something I worked on in some capacity - pretty much every character and weapon model in the game had a look-over from me at one point or another, especially the female characters :3

3 Likes