A new name for Oort Online...?

Thats one is the best SUPER IMO, because like WoW, it marks the games progression, they should seriously consider this option as “oort online 2.9” just sounds lame :expressionless: and having some gimmicky name will make media chalk it up as another failed minecraft attempt like how “the” type survival games flooded the market

Why don’t you tell me how you really feel.

Earthshift — : / sounds too pragmatic imho.
Wrorld
Worldshifters

in the name of Oort - somehow feel like I only come up with ideas that could match ingame descrpitions … but i don’t feel like coining a name for game. Actually I don’t care of its named Tale of Tales, or Pampers (almost). OooououoooRt is good name. With even better technology, I guess. Nevertheless I think it is a sensible thought to sort out other titles. And furthermore if there would be a better name (which is loved by even more people and striking to the clients) it could be a mistake not to think of a better solution and be sth. that one might regret later as well.

Planeswalkers: Oort Heritage

1 Like

Reminds me too much of Planeswalkers from Magic

Magic the Gathering? :wink:

3 Likes

And magic for their part stole it frome Planescape, the setting for AD&D (D&D 2nd edition) :wink:

1 Like

Oort Legacy

3 Likes

Sorry, ive never played that game. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You shouldn’t,I’ve heard the rules are un-fair.:wink:

Im sure I can find some cheat codes. :space_invader:

1 Like

Definite fan of “Echoes of Creation” - it fits really well

2 Likes

Since theres a lot of ancient time and technology and the landscapes and skins give off this certain look,
how about “Chronovale” like Zouls mentioned earlier?
Give it something like “Chrono Vale - An/The Oortian Touch”
or “Chronovale - Oortian Ecolibrium”
– you can replace the prefix for the “Ecolibrium” part and turn it to . . .
“Xenolibrium”, with “xeno-” for “strange, foreign, different, alien, guest”
“Equilibrium”, the original word I’m taking “-librium” out of
“Archaelibrium”, with “archae-” for “ancient, primitive”
“Metalibrium”, with “meta-” for “beyond, change”
“Translibrium”, with “trans-” for “across, beyond, change”
“Chrono-”, this prefix means “time”

On that note, it can also be “Vale - The Oortian Chronolibrium”

1 Like

Well I’m not stoked on echoes of any kind. What are we? Bats?! do you think the customer base is bat man?! Echoes is so weak it couldn’t even open the door to the gym. Echoes doesn’t even lift my friend. You know what else is basic? Creation. Creation is hella basic. What is this? the sims?! Do I even need to go further?

4 Likes

The Fractal

Hey I said it in caps and bold can it be the name now?
Fractal is a word that sums up oort. Civilization destroyed. Rebuild the remnants. Fractal.
If yall are so hung up on echoes we can call it the fractal echoes.

Other Ideas
The Fractal Race (TFR)
NOT ECHOES
Shattered Domain
Ultimate Shattered Bastion (USB LOL)
Fractal Bastion

Come one people. It literally only takes on simple word to make a games title good. Bastion. Transistor. Duet. Alto. I’m literally reading these right off my phone and it’s not even hard. K fam step up ur game is a way that isn’t gonna make me far cry.

Why don’t you tell me how REALLY feel.

I have nothing to defend echoes,but it’s just a option.
You could maybe chill and bring the hate level down a notch or 2…or 6. Plus it’s just for affect,the Oort part give the title everything it needs,the other part is just to give it some " pizzazz"
#Oort online:Echoes of Creation!!!

There will be endless worlds to discover so I was thinking bout something to reflect that concept.
Frontiers unbound.

2 Likes

Just a reminder: any suggestion that includes Oort and/or Online is probably not something we’d consider as part of this exercise (as the goal of this is to not use either of those words). If we * were * to change the name * and * include the words Oort and/or Online the game would be called (drumroll)… Oort Online! (or just Oort).

6 Likes

Echoes is like a ripples on a water surface, like a distant consequence of something in past. Not only sound in empty hall. Something happened some time ago, but a resisual memories like a faint sounds of this is still alive in our minds.
http://dvd.podbeskidzie.com.pl/a.jpg
Yeap, I like “Fractal’s echoes”. It’s intrigue.

And “Frontiers unbound” by @KKBell is very alluring

1 Like

So “Online Online” is out of the question, right?