A quick note of things I think should happen

Game progression, Waaaaay too quick. I think that it should take like 15:00 to craft any metal+ tools. and 1:00:00 for special or gem tools.
the little 2x2 spaces that you get from the storage blocks are not worth the mass effort, we should get 4 blocks per batch.
ore should be alot more rare on ground level/surface level. I dont even have to make a mine to get ores and I’ve got enough silver gold and iron to last an eternity.
If anyone thinks I missed something, make a reply. Note this isn’t a hate thread.

I <3 Wonderstruck.

where’s the place to make I <3 mugs at? Or World’s best mugs.

3 Likes

I dont have the patience to wait 15minutes to melt 1 iron bar, that would take quite a long time to melt 50stack wouldn’t it? Every ore, wood nails, sap and other ingredients to craft tools and machines should not take long. tools/machines should take longer yes but not 15mins or 1 hour. But first, lets wait for the correct crafting update since they have not yet balanced it.

3 Likes

I agree with @Miige you need hundreds maybe even thousands everything later in game when you start to build guild town/city.

3 Likes

I’ve not played the test servers with storage up yet so maybe I just don’t understand what you’re saying here…but uh…doesn’t 2 x 2 = 4?

You mean material progression? I agree with what others said, you’ll need more and more as you go and since tools will break you’ll have to keep some in stock. Player progression, on the other hands, is going to be much slower (I believe)

They’re suggesting that when you craft storage blocks, you get multiple storage blocks to place

4 Likes

I disagree here. Increasing time to craft items based on quality just feels like a lazy way to extend progression. I’d rather see progression reflected in level of complexity, rarity of materials, and stages of refinement.

For example, all hammers take 15 sec to craft. But, an iron hammer requires:
Wood hammer, then crafted copper hammer to mine iron ore
Smelt ore in crucible to produce ingots
Produce hammer in workbench

And a gem hammer requires:
All previous steps to craft iron hammer
Craft extractor
Extract gem dust from ore
Construct compactor
Compact dust into compact gem
Produce hammer in workbench.

In this way, getting your first gem hammer may take several hours of game play, but crafting additional gem hammers only requires you to repeat the last few steps and takes a fraction of the time. therefore, it may be beneficial to simply take regents or money to a highly progressed craftsman rather than attempt to make it yourself.

Nah, just reduce the relative cost of materials to craft a storage shelf, and it would be better. I’ve already crafted about 75 shelves with the bulk crafting, the material cost is decent and I now have loads of storage space in a decent area.

Ore distribution is totally random at the moment, the devs have confirmed that in the future, ores will be better distributed.

6 Likes

I agree, I like each tier requiring the previous tier to get the materials, and gets more complex each time.

7 Likes

The machines would be a place where you could make things rather expensive without making the game tedious, a doublicating machines is only really necessary if you want to speed up the production something that should require time anyway imo

2 Likes

True words: Progress through gameplay, not by watching my bench rattle while drinking tea :coffee::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I feel that alone would murder crafting in the game. I get you feel that it makes game progression quick, but as it stands game progression isn’t even a measurable fraction of what it is going to be. In a scale from 1-10 we might as well be at 0 with what is available right now. Wait and see what is coming, you might change your mind.

I think everyone does right now. Be happy you have it, that means when they start releasing new things to make for testing, you can do so quickly to see if it works or not. I have like 40 stacks of each (that’s 3960 units) of each metal. And I don’t think that’s enough once more complex things are available. Again right now we have a minuscule fraction of what is to be available in the future.

1 Like

I said tools, not materials! Sorry if I wasn’t clear enough.

i noticed that, but it wont chance my opinion about the crafting times

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback guys, it’s really helpful. A next round of balancing is in the pipeline. Watch this space.

4 Likes

wat, an update? I must spread the word across the village… Hark! Thou ladies’ and lords’ hath discovered ye update! Hark everyone!