A short essay on the oort

A SHORT ESSAY ON THE OORT
LORD ORIKAN, THE HIGH LORE KEEPER OF THE ILLUMINOORTI
AUDIO LOG-1

// Introduction

It has been thousands years since the mighty Oort vanished from the universe, and yet many of their creations our found across the universe, there advanced A.I. constructs, there ruined cities and most importantly the Portals, without them travel across the stars would be impossible and while we know a lot about Oort technology we know little to nothing about the Oort themselves, how did they live? where did they come from? why did they vanish?

I, as High Lore Keeper of the Illuminoorti Chancellery, undertook an oath to discover the secrets of the universe and in this essay I will devolve all that I have learnt on my journeys, so that others may become enlightened on the topic of the Oort.

In this Essay you will find all relevant information I have discovered in my Journeys.

Chapters
  • Chapter 1 - Artefacts and Relics
  • Chapter 2 - Oort Physiology
  • Chapter 3 - Daily life of the Oort
  • Chapter 4 - Oort Warfare
  • Chapter 5 - Theories on the Oorts disappearance

// Chapter ONE

It is Nigh Heretical to the Illuminoorti Chancellery to even whisper that the Oort were nothing more then a mortal race, like you or me, however the thought that the Oort were Gods is far from the truth, in my studies I have uncovered relics that are far older then other Oort Relics found to date, that seems to depict a race appearing through some sort of gate way, if it is as I believe a depiction of the Oort it seems that the Oort were much older then previous calculations, unless this was some other Precursor race to the Oort in which case then the Oort were not in fact the creators of the portals, but were just like us in the way that they discovered the technology to create portals like the races of today’s society’s. Another curious artefact I have discovered is a strange mechanical device of Oort design, that seems to be some sort of replacement for a biological function, what it does is still a mystery, but if it is some replacement for a biological function, it shows that the Oort were limited in similar physical ways to us.

The Oort also left behind ruined cities and with the relics found within I have been able to predict what the daily lives of the Oort may have been like, however that is for later in the essay.

aldfg3aFG[aoid533jfh[ao3idjrh[RSGaI23ODRJHB[AIODJF4T23HB[AOagfIsdgEJRH123A9EJRG3sgsHOAIE4;LKANDB[AOEIs adsg234 sdeg aeth ah 13w4 2345 4gs 21 …

// ERROR AUDIO LOG DATA CORRUPTED
// CAN NOT CONTINUE AUDIO LOG FURTHER
// INSERT PASSWORD TO RESET

12 Likes

I have added some flavour text and made some fixes to mistakes

I never expected some one to post after so long, but I am by no means a talented writer, but a good place to start is to just come up with a basic premise and start writing it, then make sure to draft the story, then rewrite parts and draft again, you get the picture, it is a lot of trial and error.

2 Likes

Yeah, there aren’t a whole lot of “lore” posts here though. As such if someone searches just those some very old posts will appear quickly for them. :smiley:

I see you played NMS hehe

2 Likes