A small but dedicated community

I just wanted to give a heartfelt thank you to all of you who put in the work, in order to provide a community service. I’ve been here since launch and Ive seen literally hundreds of good deeds or intentions from various players, trying to bridge a gap in order to accommodate another player - often a completely unknown stranger.

I just experienced such friendliness myself, and pondered just how rare such an act seems to be in an online game - while almost getting used to it in this game. I dont want to get too used to it, so I wanted to share my complete amazement at a community, who genuinely go out of their way to provide a way for others to get a leg up in their progression.

We may be a very small community and this game lends itself well to cooperation, but that says very little about why some players go the extra mile, just to put a smile on a new Oortians face, or even a veterans.

Thank you for that effort whoever you are out there. Thank you for the big things - the hubs, the farms, the settlements. Thank you for the little things too - the location tokens, the good advice, the tutorials and the freebies for newcomers.

It’s truly amazing to see and I realized, i’ve been here for way too long without tipping my hat to you. I hope you have a particularly good day today, where you dont fall into lava, nor get jihad’ed by a hopper. :slight_smile:

36 Likes

I’ve said it before and I will say it again if I hadn’t been found by someone in the first hour of me playing this and introduced to Discord and forums I would have most likely refunded the purchase. This has been the best game community I have been a part of in years.

8 Likes

THIS, it’s almost like the sandbox inspires helping others or simply “making the world a better place” as a game mode.

3 Likes

Great posts, and so agreed - I love Boundless as a game, my ideal in a lot of ways between the exploration, collecting, and building, but it is the community that has really set it apart and above other favorite games for me. :slight_smile: Just some of the most wonderful, cool, talented, and generous folks I’ve ever encountered here, and I’ve made a few true friendships here. Friends who have been there to listen to me and the joy of the game have helped me get through some tough spots IRL - Boundless will always have a very special place in my heart and will always be incredibly grateful for it!

4 Likes