A Suggestion for Signs and Text Size

I saw the sign concepts you have been posting to Facebook, and I love the idea that you can combine multiple signs to make one big sign! However, I would love to see varying text sizes along with varying sign sizes so you can fit a larger amount of information in a single sign. Some people might want to be able to portray more than a word or two of information without having to make an enormous sign for it. I love the idea that there could be a base minimum text size that scales with the size of the current sign. A base maximum text size could simply be characters fitting up to the height of a sign.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

Could be useful. I think when we reach a 1.0 release, we will see signs used to display settlement rules and mayor contact info, community recruitment for guilds and private servers, and any number of personal ads and announcements. Varied sign texts sizes would help squeeze lots of info in crowded places.

2 Likes

This is the picture that worries me the most. I love the design of the sign, but it looks like we could fit about three characters onto a single-block sign. Hopefully the devs already have plans for different text sizes, but I just wanted to throw this out to get a discussion rolling. :slight_smile:

From pictures we saw before the font seems to change size depending on how many characters are in the sign.

1 Like

That’d be an interesting way to go about it.

I hope a single sign can have multiple lines as well. As in, you hit Enter and it makes the text smaller and breaks to a new line.

2 Likes

I think that’s in some of the images…
Edit: this image seems to suggest multiple lines:

1 Like

That will be an option :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The text is automatically sized to fit the sign. Signs can be large or a single voxel.

6 Likes

This is perfect for sharing the wisdom of the Oort!

7 Likes

For example:

The mesh and font rendering are still a placeholder.

7 Likes

We must have the ability to sign these with a guild glyph. For… reasons…

5 Likes

YOU ARE WONDERFUL!

I don’t remember reading this in the original signs post. If I missed it, my apologies. However, I look forward to this update. Thank you for the information. :slight_smile:

Can some signs have flashing lights! Glowing letters? Sounds? animations?

1 Like

Just saying, great poem choice. I approve :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

A television. You’re thinking about a television.

7 Likes

Thanks to you I just found out about the Facebook page :smiley:

1 Like

me to lolz thanks so therse pictures there that are not on the forum?

1 Like