A Survey. About Planets

How lot connections do you have between coders and artists? This task cannot be resolved without art theory of additional colours, using colour circle of J. Itten and other designer’s tricks. And here must be not only “all leaf blocks are varying shades of…”

Absolutely agree with that question. My wife is an art educator, so I will ask her advise for that.

3 Likes

Are you on testing or live? On testing I have the option to link a palette

3 Likes

I am on live, i test test…

Edit:
Yes, there are some color nodes on test, will play with it. :slight_smile:

Edit 2:

It looks like some block color nodes still missing for the base worldcolor node.

3 Likes

What kind is it?

The blue one for blocks.

I get this:

Are you using the files from the github repo? Maybe that’s why I have those nodes, idk

1 Like

I only switched to testserver…

the “palette” nodes are not being shown when in a world-file (just a tiny bug), but honestly youd be pretty crazy to put all the stuff needed for a full procedural palette embedded directly into a world file (it gets HUGE) so I dont see that you would ever really want to use the palette nodes outside of the worldcolors custom-node file anyway.

2 Likes

Ok, i see. I can open a palette instead of a world and save the palette and use it in the world.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If I may add a few options:

[ ] I’m totally cool with letting the devs do their thing while they generate planets and get the code the way they want it.

[ ] I apologize, I can’t hear you over the sound of me playing the game that’s currently in production

[ ] I’m just here so I won’t get fined

1 Like

Marshawn

2 Likes

Hey, did the devs ever say when the worlds will go live?

Also, how do I get onto the test servers with the Steam version of Boundless?

Same here : P

I have a lot of plots saved up and was going to build a base on one of the less populated worlds we’ve currently got, but I think I’ll wait until these worlds go live

Right click Boundless in your games list and hit properties. Then hit the betas tab, and there should be a drop-down menu with the option none selected. If you select testing, the game will update and connect you to the test servers.

1 Like

Sorry but you must to know: these worlds never will go to live version.

1 Like

Not sure how you have come to that conclusion? James has specifically stated otherwise.

It was also stated that the worlds are a result of testing. They are fine tuning the procedural generation of worlds.
So yeah, worlds will go live but most likely their third or fourth or whatever version. Just like with the first set of worlds it’s about putting the worlds out there for testing, then wiping them and putting new ones and so on until results ate satisfying enough.

2 Likes

i screenshotted this jeffroz

1 Like

New worlds are coming to testing, and then to live. The hunting worlds were a test for this, and more testing is going on now.

Yeah. But it’ll different worlds not “these” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes