A warp augment remake would be cool

So you guys know how, when you aim and use a warp augment on a planet in the sky, it saves the coordinates for you to then use on warp blocks, right? I think it’d be pretty sweet if that location was then stored directly in that same warp augment - charging it with the warp power - for you to then aim at the ground nearby and create the portal directly, warp blocks and all. It’d save time and inventory space and also feel more intuitive than having to scroll through saved locations in menu. Charged warp augments could also be sold the same way a token can be.
Being able to use the warp augments this way on the planet you’re currently on would be pretty neat also.

10 Likes

having in inventory stack of warp stones or having stack of totems and stacks of warp augments?

ill stick with stones and saved locations, i prefer to go back to sanctum and pick one of my saved locations than loking for totem with warp augment with that exact location,
do you prefer to have 30 loc saved in your memory or 30 warp totem with same locations in inventory?

3 Likes

I’d like both. I still think it should save the location, I just want more use out of the warp augment itself.

I tried to start a little (private) library of location tokens once, and never used it enough to make it worthwhile. There were some larger public ones, but I’m not sure how much use they ever saw.

I think this would be useful, if you could duplicate them. Or initialize them in some way from your own locations list, and then use it to directly open the warp. Just like a location token.

But at that point it would basically be a duplicate of existing functionality, just much more difficult/expensive to use (augment crafting vs. portal blocks) and still include the steps of saving the location to your list if you ever wanted to return to it.

Probably the only time I would personally use it would be on initial sovereign trips, sometimes there’s no need to store that location for future re-use.

For a long time now, I carry a stack of totems to address several issues, and that includes space for empty augments. If someone is not already doing that then I think this would actually add to inventory problems. It would be much more painful to discard a crafted item than a token that materializes for free.

In general, I do think the augment system was underused. James liked to ‘threaten’ adding new features via the forge - and some of those, especially those that would have been single or per-item use, could definitely have been augments.

2 Likes