Current fall damage situation:
- Fall damage happens from falls considered minor
- Fall damage scales with HP unfairly hindering high level characters
- Input bugs, lag can put players into fall damage situations leading to unfair deaths
- Without fall damage there is no moment-to-moment risk/reward when exploring
- All players should fear fall damage regardless of their max HP
- Fall damage repercussions should carry into combat
Maybe we can meet all constraints by making fall damage a debuff instead. The more you fall, the longer the debuff lasts; just like other debuffs. You can invest in Zeal or use cleanse bombs to get better faster.
What does the debuff do? My best thought was to reduce move speed (walk becomes crawl, run becomes walk). I’m sure there’s other options.
tl;dr: Fall damage should be a debuff