A way to glitch a portal

I have set up a portal to Nasharil, in my base. Directly in front of it (on the other side) is a chiseled block, designed to push you towards the 1 block exit. however, this creates a consistent way to glitch a portal. or rather, the player character going through the portal.

I repeated this trick 3 times, and also got @Smooth-Slick to confirm with me. This is indeed something that is repeatable and easy to do.

Sometimes it spits me out to the side, turned 90 degrees to my left. this didn’t happen often. (facing the doorway is a 90 degree left trun)

Most of the other times, it would spit me out directly on top of the building i made to protect my portal.

I believe this is because going through the portal i hit a block, go through the block, and get shot upwards. but i could be completely wrong. certain people may ask for permission and location of the portal to test. just shoot me a pm on the forums and i’ll gladly let you in to test it out.

4 Likes

@vdragon is on the case :wink:

1 Like

Sure, I’d like to give it a go.

1 Like

Yes, this will totally happen.

When transitioning through a portal, depending on your latency you will ‘teleport’ forwards a certain amount in time that takes into account differences in the exact times servers are ticking at, and relative latencies between the servers and the client, and the faster you go, and the larger your latency is, the more likely it is that you will appear in the other world intersecting the geometry of the world, and be teleported up.

The most we are likely to ever do about this, is to try and pull the client back along his vector instead of teleporting up so that you’d get a bit of a stutter and stay in front of the obstacle instead of teleporting u, but it’s not a big issue in the grand scheme of things.

5 Likes