A Weathered Axe Feats

I’ve been working on these feats for breaking axes. Today I realized that the count doesn’t always go up when I break an axe. I broke 3 wooden axes and it didn’t increase, but then I broke a titanium axe and it did (corrected typo) increase. At the same time, I’ve been breaking almost exclusively wooden axes for weeks and I could have sworn the count was going up. I’m going to keep trying with the wooden axes and watch to see if it increments even once.

In the meantime I’m curious if anyone else who is into working on the feats has noticed this and already determined that wooden axes don’t count?

1 Like

never looked into it

maybe there is a cap on cheap tools? like counting wood and stone only for one or two levels of the feat and forcing you to move to more expensive and durable tools for the higher levels of the feat?

it is possible it’s a bug as well

have you noticed this when trying the same feat for hammers and shovels?

Hmm good question, I haven’t started paying attention to hammers or shovels yet but they are both way further behind than my axe count. This reinforces to me that I must have made some progress with the wooden axes because I made a whole chest full of wooden axes and have been using them up before focusing on hammers and shovels

1 Like

Ok so I did some more testing and the wooden axes weren’t counting when they broke when I used them to harvest my crops at my home beacon but then I went and axed mantle on another planet and broke two wooden axes and they both counted

I also tried a wooden hammer on mantle and that worked fine, it increased the count.

I’ll keep watching :thinking:

2 Likes

Mantle is the answer lol.

Looks like it might be bugged so?

1 Like

Yep I think a little buggy like some of the other feats

1 Like