Ability to remove/cancel or opt-out of specific buffs

Specifically, I am already wishing to opt-out of the Builder’s buff from guilds. I really appreciate the durability bonus it gives – but the block placement speed increase is too powerful for me, I can’t place blocks accurately anymore without placing several more accidentally.

Though I find it odd that with only a 15% increase to block placement speed with the builder’s buff, the placement seems to be at a much greater speed than if I had consumed a Super Fast Brew.

In any case, ideally I would like to opt-out of receiving this buff in particular or just being able to cancel it from my Character menu when I expand the buff’s information. I can live without the chisel durability bonus.

2 Likes

What I did is take points out of dexterity and use those points elsewhere!

4 Likes

You might not need the buff if you already have a max level builder. That one says in the description that it’s a low level buff meant to help new players.

I believe you can lose the buff by switching your primary guild/faction to another one, as you only receive buffs for the primary. Guilds may want to consider setting up different factions for different roles so ppl can opt into just the buffs they want. Builders faction, Miners faction, Explorers faction, etc.

Doing that, you lose action speed for tool thought.

And i think the placement speed is bugged right now, iw as getting the same speed with a lvl 3 buff on testing.

1 Like

Did some test on the test server, and if you look at the motion and action tab in the character profile, make sure to not pass the 100% mark this is when things goes wrong. So play around with dexterity skills for now.
You will be less fast but you"ll keep the ability to place only a block for a click.

1 Like

I’ve just learned to be much faster with my “clicks”.
Using an Xbox 360 controller on PC, and I need to depress the trigger just slightly, or else the game thinks I’m holding it down and throws as many blocks as I can.
I also try to stand one block away where possible so that I’m in the way of the second block.

If it’s a big they’re going to fix I’ll be much happier.

join PS! Our main buff selection does not include the builder’s buff. If you need it on your builder you can join our builder faction where said buff replaces the lava damage reduction.

The guild has already changed the buffs :wink:

1 Like

Indeed, I just haven’t updated my original post or commented here again since then. :slight_smile:

I would still appreciate an option to cancel specific buffs. Sometimes I do want to end fast brews early and things like that, and without consuming a different brew or letting my character die.