Ability to Split 1 Item From a Stack or Type in a Number

The amount of times I want to split a stack up for various reason on a daily basis or I only want to take 1 from a stack makes me wish for some way to dictate the number of items you want in the new stack.

Especially when it comes to buying an item from someone else stack in a market place.

I know it’s possible since it happens with coins, but I would love more control over splitting stacks than moving the mouse around to try and get the correct number to show in the red box - which never seems to be 1 unless I constantly split the stacks down until they are 2 or 3 sized.

(maybe I am missing something and this is already in the game, so please don’t be too hard on me if it is XD)

5 Likes

Imagine a clock. The 1 is right after 12 o clock. Moving the mouse in a circle is a good way. It’s very innovative and I like it. I have no problem to get 1 piece out of a stack of 99. Maybe your mouse is too fast or inaccurate. Maybe try to move in a bigger circle. :slight_smile:

Japp, the control of amounts taken is OK, but since we have a keyboard with numbers at the pc why not use it… Many people may like that :wink:

1 Like

I personally would like a different system as I find the radial wheel clunky. I know shift click is already taken to move things between inventories, but even like ctrl click to bring up a box to enter a number would be great.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. Helps allot😁. Was also fighting with the stack splitting. But not anymore.

1 Like

here I thought it was just me not knowing how too. I agree Annie I miss it too!

This isn’t explained well (at all?) to players - so I’m not surprised people miss it.

I think there is likely a better solution. This was an experiment to find a cross device / cross input solution.

2 Likes

hey it is called a game in progress :smiley: and tbh I don’t do well with manuals either so it could just have been me

I dislike it for controllers, I just avoid using it all together. What I do is just split and split till I get the number I want.

I feel like maybe a cross platform option would be implementing a hotkey for adding and lowering to the amount, in ps4 controllers it could be L1 and L2, and in the mouse, it can be scroll up and scroll down in the scroll wheel.

Have it set that while you hold the function, it might do it quicker, so it progressively gets quicker.