About Armor/Clothes - Wearables

You seemed too, but its ok. Did you see when i said “minecraft is an ezample”? Also i felt lectured because im used to it because(x2) i come from a mostly mindless comunity of players. You can say im a damaged dog, if you know what i mean.

Edit: i edited the word minecraft to terraria and plus “BASIC” and see if it isnt the same thing. Your comment can still make total sense when saying that Boundless armor’s won’t be linear.

… Does that mean that we get “whole item” drops or are the mats for crafting those items of a higher rarity? … I would like the second :wink:

2 Likes

does it also mean that for each “wool shoulder armor” in a set there are ones more rare and others less rare? that would be fun!

Yeah. We want getting a whole set of something (eg: Wool - Variant 1 for all 15 pieces) to feel like a real achievement.

5 Likes

thats really nice! we sure will have to work our asses off if we want the more powerful armors and maybe all items too! love that

300 individual pieces times 16 tints…4800 things to collect for a total 320 full sets of gear. And that’s just 1.0 armor.

A collector’s dream! Can’t wait!

3 Likes

I don’t know if colour variations of each item will be something that you need to find specifically, or if it’s just a case of mixing powdered gleam (or something) into the crafting process to get the desired tint.

4 Likes

In either case I’ll still be collecting them :wink:

1 Like

Just for the record. Does this

mean that this is officially an outdated concept now?

Clex’s interpretation: Not necessarily. Stats =/= buffs to abilities.

1 Like

BTW… Is the race thing still on?

1 Like

Race thing as in different races having different minor abilities/ability buffs or the race thing as in backers getting an exclusive race?

As far as I know, yes to the first, no to the second.

1 Like

thanks for the heads up

Im glad for both. Unique but not gameplay chnging abilities for faces which would actually vice a meaning to choose between faces and not giving an exclusive race to backers is also cool because it would be too much of an impact IMO

1 Like

That was the general consensus of others as well. But my argument was that if you’re playing any race, you already lose out on all of the other racial perks. The same is true for the exclusive race. There’s no difference except for the exclusivity aspect. Nothing game breaking.

Anyway, the other side won that argument. (#stillbitter)

I meant the exclusivity part. It would mean not all players could have that race. A weapon or tool would be better. Oh but that would change the game too much? I’m agreeing with the race for backers now though…

There are already backer specific weapons and tools. But more people get those so there seems to be less uproar.

3 Likes

And those are even in addition to whatever weapons and tools are available at release. Whereas with the race, players still lose out on all other race options. But whatever. I’m derailing this thread with my bitterness.

There isn’t actually an exclusive race for higher paying backers (the scope of the game changed, which made that a non-viable perk).

Chieftain and above will get “Exclusive character options”, which, by the sounds of it, it won’t be anything that will be game changing. Just an exclusive set of options to customise the player character… possibly unique head/hair, different colours, player decals (i.e. tattoos, tribal patterns etc.).

It’ll be much like the exclusive weapon/wearable/tool that some of the lower price tiers will receive - they’ll be standard items, but with a unique skin/design.

2 Likes

Yes, it does. Everything we share is subject to change, design is an iterative process.

In favour of this, we now have customisable wearable items AND stat wearable items.

3 Likes