About skills/classes and the long-term grow for character

I had suggested at SkySaga’s Community Forum that I wanted SkySaga to add something that made the player different.
But the developer refused, saying SkySaga was an equal relationship for players each other.
There was not something that he could do but I could not do.

Boundless did just that, but it seems a little overdone, causing the player to be strangled by the skills to a higher level of development, need creating the second and third characters to do different things.

I am a single character player, I don’t like to re-play a character from zero and do that things once again.

I think the game can add some features that allow players to get extra skill points from longer game play time. When one of the player’s character effective play time is long engouth, it eventually can grow to “all-around” character.

Of course, the idea comes from “Mabinogi”

Not like now, after level 50, what you do anything are meaningless to character’s growth.

I’m level 50 now. However, there still a majority of feats are didn’t complete.
Even if they finished there they were only coin prizes, those exp was meaningless to me.

Of course, there should also have some features that allow players to consume their surplus skill points.

Hi :blush:

I used to feel the same way about alts. I’ve played WoW, Black Desert Online, Elder Scrolls Online, Aura Kingdom, Tera and many more I’ve long since forgotten. I never made alt characters aside from a storage character on ESO and when I started to play this game I was a bit put off by the need for an alt. I even mentioned it here in the forums. Eventually, I decided to try to go hunting, but as my character was a miner/Crafter, I didn’t have the skill points to sink into it, so I begrudgingly made an alt.

After making the alt I came back to the forums and said how I felt that my original position on alts was wrong. I love having a hunter and a miner/Crafter. I’ve attended several hunts and even joined a guild (I was a straight solo “I don’t want to play with anyone” person before that). My hunter is leveling fast, and I’ve made some friends from attending the hunts. Boundless changed me, maybe you’ll enjoy an alt too?

13 Likes

I made an hunting alt as well to better participate in hunts but although its effective i still don’t like the idea of having to do several things with different alts. So my idea is totally different. I have about 15 alts on 6 accounts in EVE online, but in that game they have added value because you can do things at the same time with your alts. I use my main to rat, and an alt to scout to watch the gate the next system so i can get my main to safety when baddies jump in. I also used three alts at the same time to mine for resources.

In Boundless this is all impossible, so i still feel very strongly the current skill system is very limiting. I want to do all things with one character and be able to do it well.

Also: In EVE online there are no limitations to skills (if you pay that is). You can skill up all skills availabe in the game. So i really do not see the point in having to make alts.

Just remove the skill cap and let us skill up beyond 50.

I’m level 48 right now. I can already tell that, once the only reward I get for leveling is 15 plots, I’m going to, at best, go casual.

i think the inability to continue to improve a character’s skills after 50 is a horrible decision. Fifteen plots means nothing in the scheme of a large build. I already have enough credits for pretty much forever.

Since the game has no monthly fee (e.g., they already have my $250, there is no penalty to the devs for me stopping play. But without a critical mass of players sticking around, i hope they can keep bringing in newbies.