Abuse via plots without anything built on them!

You seem to have skewed perceptions of ownership. So let’s break it down real quick. This thread isn’t yours, it belongs to the people who run the site. Those plots weren’t yours, because you didn’t claim them. If you have any further questions about what does and does not belong to you, let us know and we’ll do our best to help.

9 Likes

That’s great, but you are not me and I am not you. So I can do what I want. I am allowed to express my displeasure at something in the game, that is one thing that forums are used for. Just in case you didnt know that.

So why don’t you practice what you preach, and go play the game instead of telling me what I can and cannot post.

Hey, you seem to really be off base – this thread is about plots. And you are making it off topic.

Poor Gill, I really like you man, I feel bad for you because you really do love this game so much that you take a lot personally. So I have decided to give you some good advice.

Here is what I would do in your situation. First, decide to rise above it.
How?

I personally would go mow a few lawns in my neighborhood until I had a hundred extra bucks or so. Then I would use that money to buy new plots. Then I would find a new area on a planet that I loved and come up with a cool new concept that excited me.
Then I would plot the tar out of the new area. And finally I would get all excited about a new project and I’d just ignore my old project as kind of a personal experiment to see what happens if I don’t give the perceived griefer any attention.
I might be surprised when they pick up and move on since they could not derive any attention from me, or I might also be surprised when they build something cool next to my old build. Either way, its all a win and I enjoyed the game I love. . . and I got some exercise.

13 Likes

I cannot tell if you are being a snarky snark or actually trying to be helpful in your own misguided way.

Your frustration is understandable. I had a similar issue back in July last year when settlements were in their infant stages; Soft Claiming & Plot Reservation

That said, until they outright enclose your settlement, there really isn’t anything you can do. You don’t own those plots until you own them. If you plan to expand in the future; plot it.

My only advise for now is to ignore it. 500 plots is a heavy commitment, so if they really are just trying to grief you (which is too early to say) they’re really going out of their way to do so.

Carry on as you would and perhaps you’ll outlive their beacon.

6 Likes

Situations like this pop up, soon after the Devs bring up the idea of them allowing Beacon Selling to be a feature in the game, and people are defending it.

It just makes me laugh, cause I was one of the people warning that it was a very bad feature, and that even just bringing it up gives the ideas to trolls and toxic people that only want to harrass and torment others for their own amusement and can easily make money off that torment.

I don’t think you understand Trolls. They don’t care about money, if they can screw you over, they will do anything to do it. My brother thankfully doesn’t play this game, but he is a massive troll on other games. I’ve seen him spend hundreds of dollars, just so he can mess with, harm, and abuse other people in games.

As long as your inconvienced in some way, it’s worth it to them.

1 Like

I think most large community has this kind of issue and concern…
I mean if you consider a city or town as one building, it really need some rule to prevent this situation.
Otherwise who is wiling to build or running a town ?
There are too much risk to host such huge community lol

1. You need to worry about a jerk pop up and build something with really high prestige to change the settlement name to the one they want
    ( Basically your entire month or 2 month is waste, and kind of build a free town for others lol)

2. If someone wants to troll a huge community they just spend a lot of real money to buy plots to place on one side (which not against coc) and the community won’t be able to expand anymore.

Those are the issue that majority of community / city / town concern about.

Also please if dev really make the coc rule, please make punishment to those who against rule.
There was one person who use plots wall and build some ugly ■■■■ to block our community to expand,
and use this to black mail me like don’t make him unhappy, otherwise they will do it again.

Also that guy keep coming to our settlement and trying to following our citizens which make a lot of them complain about this guy.

I report all the issue to dev already, but guess what ? I still saw this person pop up 2 days ago.
I guess all the coc rules are making for fun lol

2 Likes

some people might want a nature area and not houses :smiley: and empty plots dont wanna lose them xD

I can understand your being upset. I would if I knew that someone was buying plots just to keep me from expanding my base.
You don’t positively know that yet, so I would chill out for a few days and see what happens.
I did what I thought I would never do and bought some plots. I had already placed some down and didn’t have very many left and had two more neighbors move in. Somewhat close. Better safe than sorry as what I want to build will be big in size, I needed to get more of the plots around my base. I also will need to buy a lot up high and some under, as I am going to dig down three rows to put part of the first level there. First level is 35 by 35 and that is the base of the building, not the “land” around it where I can put other stuff I want for decoration.

I hope everything works out for you. My outlook on this concerning my situation, live and learn. I will just delete the character, everything that I can and start fresh. I’ve lost count of how many times I have deleted a saved game on 7 days that had several months of work on it. I have over 1,000 on that game.

Fortunately not all trolls have the disposable income to throw away on aggravating people.

If the person in question is just there to annoy him, he’d still be best to follow my advise and ignore him. Trolling is just internet attention seeking, and if you don’t give them attention, or complain about them, they get bored and move on.

4 Likes

Pfft, hahaha, no. That’s a not true. Maybe for some trolls, like but not all of them. Using my brother for example, he doesn’t care if people know, or cry, or ignore him. Just knowing that he inconvenced the person, and prevented them from doing something that wanted to do, is enough to make him happy.

But he won’t just forget and move on. My brother used to play Minecraft on a server and literally stalked and harrassed people the entire time he was playing, constantly going back and messing with people once or twice a day, just because he could and there was nothing the guy could do about it, not even the Mods for the server, because he wasn’t griefing or breaking any server rules.

He’s the guy sitting next to you with a finger an inch away going “I’m not touching you!” And will happily do it for days, even if you’re showing no reaction at all, cause it makes him happy just bugging you.

Your brother is fortunately a rare breed of troll.

2 Likes

And thankfully I rarely play games with him. I can’t stand playing most games with him, because he’s also a cheater. He can never do anything legitly, and will do anything he can do not have to work for it. Will even find sites selling gold and spending irl buying gold from other players in games like Eve Online, WoW, Trove, Tera, and other games.

1 Like

Never estimate how trolls are capable of.
There are many types.
And of course there are a lot of rich trolls.
They can just place plots and buy a glean clubs for 180 days.
Maybe 1 to 2 weeks they will forget about this, but due to the gleam club, you can’t expand for next 180 days lol

2 Likes

and 180 days isn’t even that expensive lol

2 Likes

That’s still only 180 days. Future land for your settlement to grow into.

You’re right though, it’s an inconvenience for sure.

1 Like

It depends on how much plots they place XD
if there are 500 plots in one place, i think no one will be happy to wait for 180 days XD

1 Like

I wouldn’t be happy about it, but I can’t say I’d be angry about it either. It would after all be my own fault for not plotting the land I wanted to expand into.

We all know that this can happen at any moment, so we shouldn’t really be surprised when it does - hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

2 Likes

Ah, but here’s the kicker. The thing I mentioned in the Beacon Selling thread that people just dismissed and said no one would try it.

You seem to forget that people can spend IRL money on Cubits to buy plots. This is not something every wants, or even COULD do, but in situations like this, Gill might not have had the money for 500 plots, meanwhile the player who did this could and DID have the money for 500 plots.

Plus, I don’t think you can get enough Cubits, just from leveling up, to get 500 plots, especially if you buy any other services like more clense points, or character slots, or any cosmetic stuff.

Yes, you still get cubits after leveling up to max lvl, but isn’t that only till ‘Lvl’ 150? aka only 100 more times after lvl 50?