Abuse via plots without anything built on them!

and 180 days isn’t even that expensive lol

2 Likes

That’s still only 180 days. Future land for your settlement to grow into.

You’re right though, it’s an inconvenience for sure.

1 Like

It depends on how much plots they place XD
if there are 500 plots in one place, i think no one will be happy to wait for 180 days XD

1 Like

I wouldn’t be happy about it, but I can’t say I’d be angry about it either. It would after all be my own fault for not plotting the land I wanted to expand into.

We all know that this can happen at any moment, so we shouldn’t really be surprised when it does - hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

2 Likes

Ah, but here’s the kicker. The thing I mentioned in the Beacon Selling thread that people just dismissed and said no one would try it.

You seem to forget that people can spend IRL money on Cubits to buy plots. This is not something every wants, or even COULD do, but in situations like this, Gill might not have had the money for 500 plots, meanwhile the player who did this could and DID have the money for 500 plots.

Plus, I don’t think you can get enough Cubits, just from leveling up, to get 500 plots, especially if you buy any other services like more clense points, or character slots, or any cosmetic stuff.

Yes, you still get cubits after leveling up to max lvl, but isn’t that only till ‘Lvl’ 150? aka only 100 more times after lvl 50?

When staking out a large area you can just plonk down a beacon with a few plots (and maybe a signpost) in a area you want to expand to at a future date…lets any neighbours know your intentions.

No. There is no cap.

1 Like

There is an element of pay to win in that regard, if you consider owning more land ‘winning’. It’s true that the players with the deepest wallets are going to have the most land - and I’m still unsure how I feel about this.

On one hand, a group of players can throw in together and buy up large areas for their build, and on another hand; people with nefarious motives can do the same.

I do think the developers should explore soft claiming, but as of right now they’re pretty quiet regarding the prestige system and land claiming. From past quotes it appears their solution for people wanting their own place is private servers.

Whiles’t that is a good idea in theory, that may just encourage random trolls to realise “oh, this person plans to build here. Im gonna claim it all!”

IMO best solution is to just claim everything beforehand, and don’t make plans to expand until after you have enough plots to claim.

2 Likes

Indeed, which might be what they want. After all, aren’t the Dev’s going to be selling those private servers for a monthly fee?

If everyone is too annoyed to make a city in the main game, and most of them switch over to Private Servers, the Devs would be making lots of money off that. I can understand why they wouldn’t want to actually deal with situations like this and just say ‘Pay us money so you won’t have to deal with situations like this’.

1 Like

One thing that really confuses me is, unless you plan to build an absolutely monumentally huge creation, wouldn’t it be more efficient to just buy a whole bunch of plots instead of paying for monetly subscription.

Not only would this be cheaper in the long run, but you would likely earn a much higher footfall income.

Perhaps these private worlds could be connected to the main worlds? Anyone could visit, but only the server owners could build.

I’m not so sure. Plots are pretty expensive. It depends how big you’re planning to build, and how much the monthly fee is.

Not only that, but usually people pitch in together for servers, or have their Patreon cover it in the case of YouTubers.

@Vansten, @Pseudonym84 We don’t know, cause no one knows how they will work, not even the Devs! They just know they will be selling Private Planets eventually, but we don’t know if they will be like Single Player 1 planet version of the game, or Club Worlds like Trove, or like Terraria where you can move things from the main world to the private world, or anything. No one has any idea, not even the Devs know how they will impliment or what they will be like. It’s why they haven’t released them now.

Use in game report if you think it’s griefing

2 Likes

If you wanted that area you should have already plotted it, plain and simple. Yes it sucks, my guess is all communities that have not plotted everything they will ever want are or will be dealing with stuff like this. As far as what to do, talk to whoever owns the plots. I have found more people in this game are good people just building stuff then outright trolls. The real answer to your frustration is private planets, which is a shame, but really is the only way to prevent random people building stuff you don’t want around you or taking future city expansion spots.
Good luck!

2 Likes

So? Not your plots, not your business. I hope they never allow other players any right to decide what I or others do with their plots.

2 Likes

And what happens when another person does the same to his new plot? Move on?

First off… I’m in Cuttlefrunk Federation (my shop is) and it is very big and very organized. Any person with a brain can see this.

If you (you= random player) see a huge settlement like this … you INSTANTLY know that this player is INTO this game and put grueling hours into the city. Knowing this … if you plot ANYTHING connected to this settlement without at least asking or talking to the owner first… you are a scumbag human being. Not a scumbag player… human being.
Example : it is 100% legal for a home owner to have a 50 foot by 50 foot mural (is that a word) of a fat girl spreading her legs in a bikini. Now… are you TECHNICALLY doing what you want because it is your property? Absolutely 100% yes. Now… are you a scumbag human being toward your neighbors? Oh yes… yes you are… are you doing anything illegal? Nope. But let’s not forget you are a cyst.

I’m an insanely friendly dude in real life, i’m 35, and I always try to work with people. If someone made a very intricate sculpture in Central Park in Manhattan and someone the next day made one literally on top of that one… you would all say they are scum so lets not kid ourselves.

So all the players that see nothing wrong with plotting next to an already established settlement when 99% of the planet is still open- you are all 100% correct that it might be acceptable in the terms of the game but realize that morally you are a scum human being if you find it acceptable. That is all.

I’m Biggles in game. Just wanted to announce my name so that if any players don’t want to respect other people’s builds please avoid/ block me in game. Thanks! :v:

6 Likes

The fact that some guy can drop 500 plots next to a city doesn’t make me OK with it. It’s right up there with picking your nose 2nd knuckle deep in Denny’s for 20 minutes straight. Just because it’s allowed doesn’t make it OK.

2 Likes