Acceptable prices for Forged Hammers with AOE 3x3 and +DMG...your opinion matters!

the bouncy feet quirk just gives me nightmares in a 3x3 tunnel. I only use pure boon 3

1 Like

I’d definitely avoid bouncy feet, but i think they said it was bugged and shouldnt kill you. Everything else i’d take no problem though.

I’ve not tried bouncy feet yet. But Step Ahead seems to be kinda like it. It constantly jumps you into the ceiling in a tunnel. It doesn’t hurt you. But its definitely a wack in the head.

I do my best to aim for random noises and sinking feeling( the drop faster in water but have 50% more breath) as my usual quirks for sell hammers.

Just put one up for sale that’s bonus 1000 durability (bad slider! Bad!) on top of t6 1shot 3x3. Only quirk is that sinking feeling. Seem to sell moments after I turn my back on the shop stands XD so there is a decent market for them atm. :slight_smile: top end hammers will always be clean I’m guessing though.

So i feel with the help from everyone ill be staying at 15k per hammer. It seems some people price their hammers at how much they feel there time is to be valued during the time playing and grinding. Still be happy to hear anyone else’s opinion of the matter.

1 Like

how is a t6 3x3 with 1k durability and sinking feeling a bad slider? That’s why it sold fast.

1 Like

Price them however you feel they are worth to you, and all your mass crafts. No one can tell you no. But I will say a great tool is worth me paying 20k for one, and I am not rich.

I will however say some things are not worth gathering and selling if your not making your own tools. Like iron for instance. It goes for 6c each on the entire boundless system. However it will take one full hammer and about 2 enduring pies and 4-5 speed drinks, to get 3 stacks of 900 to sell. (in a decent time)(4 stacks if you were very very lucky off 1 hammer)

That comes out to about 15k-20k of coin. So you either broke even or actually went into the hole.

One always needs to do the math of what they are gathering and their buyer, and what they are willing to blow on a tool if they are going to get any return or actually end up in the hole.

The other option (if you don’t buy or make yourself), is to just go in with a cheap stack of iron hammers and spend the next 28 days , grinding every day to get those 3 stacks of iron.

Bad slider because normally I get between 1400-1800 when I aim for durability on the t6 hammers. The slider rng can hit brutally low some times no matter what you do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh deffinately. I watched that video on another thread for forging. I find it disturbing that even with all the gums he put in, the random bad luck they add in is so strong now, that it still hits for boons that is not loaded in with the gums.

1 Like

I use a personal production cost spreadsheet to price my hammers, and I price them by a certain markup depending on the tier of hammer I end up with, with an upper limit obviously. RNG could give me a super hammer for very little cost, in which case my profit margin is great, or I could have to use a ton of Transmute Solvents and thus my profit margin stinks. So I don’t have a “set” price for selling my forges, instead I sell based on how much it cost me to buy the ingredients with request baskets in my shop. But my upper limit for T6 one-hitters with extra durability and AoE is about 20k for hammers with >1800 durability or the 2 quirks that are actually mini boons. Since I went to this system of pricing, I sell a lot more items from my shop.

I do agree that around 20k is a good rate for a nice T6 hammer. I used to pay between 18-20k for one when i first began. Had help from some very nice people in the beginning and it gave me the chance to get were i am at in the game today. With resources i do love the grind, running a field, swimming in the ocean or mining underground. That is my favorite part of the game its self…and the hunts of course.

1 Like

Depends on the forging mats used I guess…

1 Like

Yea my sell price for trophies were 1k each too. But those are more for utility forge ingredients. Boon generators are quite cheap compared to stuff like boon removal solvent.

Forging aoe hammers is cheap as hell to do now. The quirks are so inconsequential, people getting hung up on them wouldn’t be happy unless it was ‘perfect’ regardless. I’ve mined with all manners of hammers, there is very little time saving difference amongst them all. With that in mind I generally commit to 15-20% profit over whatever the mat costs are to make the item. So a 8500 mat hammer yields a profit of 1700 roughly. That’s a fair cost of time to acquire the items and then make and sale the item.

Honestly I tend to think 15k would be the high end for the current game economy. Myself and a lot of the players I play with gather our own mats and forge our own tier 6 - AOE + Damage + speed hammers, so I don’t know if my opinion is valid as we really don’t really need coin… maybe just for warping.

Being how currently most players are rich in materials but short on coin, my thought is to sell the hammer for about half the coin cost and make up the difference in materials that are needed, so coin + materials. I see a lot more of those hammers being offered under a mining contract and it seems to be working very well from what i’am told.

if you are able to get the carpe diem / noctem quirks, you can 1-shot t6 with less than dmg8, allowing more +dura for example. Also, remember that there are STILL higher worlds to come; those t6’s wont 1-shot everything on their own… :wink:

1 Like

I am wondering what awesome material we are going to get that we can use to craft new t7+ gear :thinking:
I mean, it seems like we’ll get new mats, right? :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

And maybe some kind of new furnace that burns with the heat of 7 Eyes of Sauron :grin:

2 Likes

they are already there, we have “blink” “darkmatter” and another one can’t remember the name right now, you see them when adding rough oort/gems on request basket.

2 Likes

Third one should be “rift”, if memory serves.

I agree I’ve been developing my method to get specific quirks, sink down to emeralds? Extra speed and less energy drain at full health. How are these bad? I mine at 100% health. These free up the Brew slot to get me extra speed too. So far I’m getting 5000+ dmg w/o max mine and 1000+ durability (or speed) and AOE, plus 1 or 2 of those quirks. I mean, I understand the clean hammer, honestly right now it’s cheaper for me to make a clean bare bone T6, and a LOT less complicated. But I think the quirks add to the hammer.

1 Like