Acceptable prices for Forged Hammers with AOE 3x3 and +DMG...your opinion matters!

I am here to ask the community a question. Do not know if it is a simple question. I have been looking around place’s and comparing prices for AOE 3x3 hammers with +damage. I am seeing pricing from 20k-55k per hammer even with the drop in price of gems. I am currently selling Diamond forged hammers AOE 3x3 with +DMG and whichever random effect happens after that (No quirks) for 15k each with how cheap gems have become. The question I have is, what do you feel is acceptable for forged hammers like these. Have you seen hammer prices change with the change in price of gems?

Edit: is my price to high/low?

I think that’s a low price. The cost isn’t derived from gems (although still part of it). The main cost is the pastes, boons, costly RNG, etc. If you use 20 boon III, invig pastes, removal…etc on one hammer to reach 370+, it can be costly. Especially a 3x3 AOE with zero defects.

1 Like

I do farm 75% of my ingredients as well which keep me from buying them. For example +20 DMG is what I have on them now

2 Likes

I would like to add…you should sell your items for a price that makes you happy.

If your price happens to be way less than most, that’s cool. If it’s way more, that’s cool too (it may take awhile to sell, but some are ok with that).

2 Likes

10k coins seems high enough.
Crafting a gem hammer is like 3.5k, forging mats around 4k.

edit: but ppl are asking 20k+

Just to be clear are we talking about diamond hammers and within which tiers below?

T6 5000+ DMG
3x3 AOE
LVL 8/9/10 DMG
NO DEFECT/QUIRKS

T5 4000+ DMG
3x3 AOE
LVL 5/6/7 DMG
NO DEFECT/QUIRKS

T1-4
3x3 AOE
LVL 1/2/3/4 DMG
NO DEFECT/QUIRKS

I’m at work right now but from memory they are 3x3 +20 dmg which is what I use on T6 and one shot with my miner. Again this is from memory.

That would be rank 8 dmg

I follow a simple price method for these.
3k per boon + 500c per level of each boon
Cost of hammer base on average market rate
And quirks would probably be around 3-5k per. But I haven’t forge since the update that quirk cost may change.

The higher lvl hammers I totally agree with the higher prices. Forging is expensive. Even if you collect the items yourself to make all the forge ingredients, they are time consuming. More time consuming to get hopper cores than gems, for example. So many steps, so much time making the mass crafts, so many steps, then bad luck completely blowing a stack of diamond hammers into something that will not sell.

Going for perfect gear doesn’t have room in the line up, to load the ingredient that gets back your gear if it goes bad. I use to think 20k for a forged item is crazy. Then I started forging my own goods. I think a person could get down to the high teens on prices though. I know a well populated shop that does. But even the best of her gear still hits above 20k, and rightly so!

Even though I am pretty decent at forging, I still pay top dollar for the best gear I can’t seem to get myself. Or when I am out of trophies and there are no hunts going on a Weekend. Or their gear is so awesome I KNOW i do not want to spend that many extra ingredients to get the same results.

2 Likes

Also, when trying for the best results, be prepared to Burn through your ingredients like their water in a running toilet. That’s when you feel like they are expensive.

1 Like

In that case your price is alright and you’re one of the “cheap” forger out there.

T6 AOE hammer is between 15-20k add some dura or speed and could worth up to 30k

T5 AOE hammer should be around 10-15k

T4 AOE hammer should be around 4-10K

Edit: Price based on Diamond tools at 3300c each hammer no mass crafting.

Since the update i have felt that aiming for the 2 important boons and just accepting a random has worked well at getting the one shot T6 hammers. I believe one hammer i have out for 15k has crit and another has magnet and the other may have busy bee.

I’d agree going for dmg/3x3 is a better bet at this point to avoid wasting so many resources. At least that’s what i’ll be doing once my reserve hammers run out. They still get the job done and you may even luck up and get a speed/dura as your 3rd random boon. Gems are way cheaper now and a speed potion will make up for lack of busy bee

1 Like

Yep that is exactly what i do 200 Prime steak, persisting pie, some speed brews, and chisel magnet.

1 Like

If you have to keep buying/making food throughout the life of your hammer, that becomes part of the cost of the hammer…therefore, you aren’t saving any coin. :thinking:

But it is easier to get a decent hammer + food then to buy/make a 10/10 hammer. :+1:

1 Like

Huh, guess my market sense is way off then. I sell t6 3x3 aoe +dmg, with quirks (often times just noise or sinking feeling) for 7.4k and sell the ones with extra durability (consistently 1400-1800 with my setup) for closer to 10k as they take more mats etc. My method for charging is take cost of each “run” of a certain material. For instance each run of draining boon compound 1 costs me about 40c. Each run of vigor cat 2 runs about 500c. So I forge a few hammes/axes/shovels at the desired boon range and average out how many of each item I use. Add about 30% (15% for taxes on buying ingredients and selling product and 15% for profit/time/investment in coils etc) I’m steadily making good profits on all my sales… And are no where near the prices listed here… Granted I don’t do “clean” forges, feathers don’t like me. So the feather markup could substantially increase the price.

Did some quick math and at highest price stated for feather 6.5k on forums, you are looking at about 1250c per run of any ingredient that uses feathers. (mass craft math used and added average price of other ingredients) so could increase the price by easily 5 to 10k if you toss those into the mix. And as you need to use a considerable amount of those compounds for clean tools I would say 15k is about as cheap as you should go comfortably. Unless you can get feathers at very reduced price. :slight_smile:

20181212114107_1

It’s funny, they mention “desirable” quirks. This for me is still the most desirable quirks.

2 Likes

Yeah…quirks = me no buy :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Most of the quirks wont even have an effect on mining honestly but everyone has their preferences i guess