Account transfer

My brother used to play boundless with us on the PlayStation but no longer has a PlayStation so he’s wanting to get the game on his computer. Is there anyway for him to transfer his PlayStation account over to steam?

Not that I am aware of, I recall others asking the same thing, apparently the issue is Sony.

1 Like

Ok, thank you. I didn’t think so but figured I’d ask.

1 Like

I would say this best thing to do if they wanted their stuff back…

• find someone with a PlayStation
  • have them log into their PSN account
  • put a beacon down with ornate gleam chest
  • reclaim all reclaims and put them into that beacon
  • once all reclaims from all characters have been put into the chest, delete the beacon(s) and have the PC character plot it.
  • and that’s the best way i have found to transfer from PSN to PC
1 Like

Unfortunately you must buy the game for PC and PS separately - those accounts cannot be shared between platforms (so, no characters and their progress can be used on the other platform).

Once you have PC and PS accounts, you can only manipulate ownership of in-game items and beacons using work around described by @TheVicious85 .
No cubits or stuff bought with cubits can be moved between PC and PS accounts (hell, those can’t even be transferred between characters created from the same account).

Thank you all for the help.

He should be able to log in to his existing boundless account on steam.

This won’t enable the transfer of any characters or possessions, but he can play on the game key that he purchased.

Yeah the impression I have is that it’s both of them, you can’t be transferring “premium” or bought items from their respective shops to the other platform.

Your boundless account though is supported on any platform. It’s been a few years but if you went digging around you would find some threads on just how many characters you can propagate on one key using both platforms and their sharing capabilities.