Active Towns/Cities

Hi there! Thinking about returning after a long hiatus, i’m looking to set up a base and/or shop in an active town/community, ideally in my Australian timezone (GMT+10).

Looking for a small-ish plot of land, around 3x3 to 4x4 in size to build, ideally close to other active players.

Can match pretty much any build style/theme, although I have a preference for building castles/towers/temples ect… pretty much anything made from brick.

Examples of my previous work

SideBySide

6 Likes

Welcome back to joining and playing in boundless fellow aussie! :smiley:
I…Unfortunately don’t step foot on the Aussie planets, and my sov’s aren’t even in Australia, but I’d pop on over and join you in a little build on Aussie planets anytime! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the Welcome!

As it stands though, I’m looking to join someone else’s settlement - all of my stuff has long since regenned, so I’m starting new (new ish, I still have all my materials ahah).

Mostly want to avoid building in an isolated location (it gets lonely)

2 Likes

Welcome back in game @Vansten :smiley: you’re always welcome to build on THE FUTURE planet. Just pick a region at the region xp to build :grinning: THE FUTURE is an active planet, people using the farms, the region xp, the forge market and some fellow oortians live at the regions. Downside for you would be its not a city living as everyone has their own little place, yet you still get to connect to the great city as all region portals are connected, so you just need to plot against the region portals. Second downside for you is that THE FUTURE is an EU planet. But we got people of different nationalities building on here. EU and US so far. BUILD THE FUTURE guild supplies 3 number 3 buffs, Grapple and run, spark and wear and building buff (the one with the placement speed + chisel wear off)

2 Likes

@Vansten
hello fellow PS’ers :smiley:are you back for good? would be nice to see you arounnnd as in good old days :smiley:

im not sure about active cities nowadays, most players building at their guild SOVs

hard to define “most active” now

like hunts? pick one of Hunter guillds and build at their sov - vikings (valhalla), oortbusters (kamarkazi?)

as May posted ahead of me, im not mentioned The Future, my home now becouse were rather small friendly but mosty EU guild :smiley: you will be welcomed to join us :smiley:

I suppose my biggest concern about building on a sov is the idea that one day the build could be erased if the sov owner decides to stop paying for their planet.

With that said, ill take a look around and see how active it is, it does sound quite nice. Ill check it out, cheers!

As for Portal Seekers, while the idea of recreating that has come to mind, I don’t think it would be worth re-making another portal network when the game already has so many, (maybe when the game has an update and an influx of players perhaps?), but I would guess that probably won’t be anytime soon.

@Vansten

The Future was fuelled few days ago for a whole year :smiley:

and as the owner - HOST said few times earlier in different topics, The Future will go down only with Boundless itself :smiley:

so dont worry, the future will not dissapeared one day without a trace :smiley:

1 Like

hey @Vansten welcome back! :fist_right: :fist_left:
I understand the concern of a sovereign being gone without notice and the feeling of spending time building up, then seeing it being reclaimed because the planet owner has disappeared.

I had a mall before on a tier 3 sovereign (the future mall), that I had to let go of because it was not farm-friendly and newbie friendly due to aggressive mobs. and I did not warn people about it and that the planet will go poof, it hurt me deeply and it was a mistake I made and a mistake that will not happen again.

you know yourself I have been here since day 1 really and really not neglected my future of farms or hub, but building up Up UP UP!, and as @Zjawcia said I have mentioned it more than once THE FUTURE goes strong and will keep going strong, I have no intentions to quit anytime soon at all, I have too much fun, even though there are some bullies that try to make me quit lol. but hey that’s also fun in a way right? it keeps me playing even more haha, I have a positive mind toward the trolls.

recently THE FUTURE MALL got rebuilt, but more compact and way better organized than the last,
and you are also free to join the mall and be a SHOP OWNER

I also work on a new future of farms and region XP hub, that should (if lucky) be opened within a few days.

@May-L04 also want to challenge you for you to last as long as the future sovereign. :eyes:
since the plan is to have THE FUTURE go down when the servers close their doors, which is not anytime soon lol.

anyways so,

what do we have:

farms
mall
hub
awesome people
a guild with free buffs no strings attached.
an awesome guild leader (me)
a forge market

everyone is doing their own thing but on the same planet, a friend of mine had the idea of building a city together with a team, maybe that is something we could do!

8 Likes

Depends on what you’d like, to join a big very active crew, or a small mostly active crew. Jarohdan and I are in Australia, but on Storis II (Lollashes fault, he was streaming building The Shire back when this game was released, so we joined him lol) Giggleswick is our town. We have an area for shops close to established portals including portals to TNT, Dragon World hub, and to Ultima Network. There is a fair amount of area available to put a base around the town as well.

6 Likes

Yesh it does Yesh it Does :laughing: Houchus Does get lonely at times T6 Life :cookie:

Welcome Back Vansteen-chan

But I also reside on Alder, Alder isn’t Aus buuuutttt Reaper is always active could always join the All Powerful @georgegroeg and the band of Misfits become part of Reaper Boop!

5 Likes

Both of these do fascinate me, ill check them out. Seems quite a few places are still active, which im quite glad to hear. Cheers!

2 Likes

@georgegroeg’s Towers of Power build on Alder is always worth checking out, as is River Towns on Arie, and Brandywine on Trior - just to goggle at the builds. I often skive off current work in progress to go and have a stickybeak into what’s been added and how they built it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome back, oh maker of one of the best Foring guides ever :wink:
Great to see you come back Van, hope you enjoy your time (again).

2 Likes