Actual existing shops

Very Kind of you, but due to the time wasted searching for AOE Tools i decided to forge my own :slight_smile:
This is my first try thouā€¦.

Andi started this thread to get active shop keepers some Advertising aswell as helping Hermitslike me to find what they look for.

So hopefully bythe end of the ā€œDayā€ we got a more or less actual shop list.

1 Like

Exactlydue to the time wasted i started this thread. People who know how i Play know i am largely self sufficient, but i wanted to give this ā€œAOE mining is the lolzā€ Thing a try, so i went out to grab some Toolsā€¦but nada^^
Hence now we are here and i think, as i recognize most names here, we got a Pretty active list of peoples Shops. So dont give up you beeing self sufficient, just look around for a good deal.

2 Likes

just do a shoutout on discord and forum for what ya needz you will find much faster :smile:

2 Likes

Tamels wares off ps bitula is active. Mainly selling creature mats. (Hard to keep stocked). Some cheap fists I made learning to forge. (250-300) and other misc things.

Iā€™m also not going anywhere soon, tho I might need to divide my attention to two versions of shops once the rental planets hit :wink:

Also since last week until end of June I have less time to play sadly, but no worries, instead of my usual almost 16 hours a day thereā€™s still plenty of hours left to stock my shops :slight_smile:

This is why we need a better chat system. The chat itself, including trading and hunting channels are so hidden that nobody uses them. The hourly msg limit could be a bit more than 3 as well. Currently it makes me feel like every character there has to count, especially with the somewhat low character limit in messages.

In addition we need better trade tools in-game. Imagine you had a searchable and filterable list of all items currently wanted for buy or sale. Then a satnav to guide you there if people are worried about the physical aspect of shopping. Make prices be governed by large market forces, currently they are all over the place since thereā€™s lack of price information in-game and the shopping experience isnā€™t great and many people refrain from doing it because of it.

3 Likes

Ouch, you know, I liked the idea when they were introduced but now you mention them and I realise I havenā€™t checked out those channels in weeks!

1 Like

Needs a restock at Original Forgeries Aenea I finally let the moths out of my wallet haha

1 Like

agreed nobody uses chat system except pmā€™s and mailboxes

Whoops! Then I better set aside my evening foe forging!

Thank you for your business!

Hey is there any good location available in Gyosha mall?

1 Like

I am driving right now and not able to look but when I get back I will check for you. Daone sometimes helps save spots for people that need them so he may have some that are available. If there arenā€™t any I have a few areas that I can build you out a shop :+1:

2 Likes

Tsk tsk! No txting n driving! Donā€™t need to lose a mall owner!

5 Likes

Fif Land (est Oct 18) is open, and has been since we first opened. I try to stock everything no less than once a week, but some fast moving items get stocked 3+ times a week. I am in the process of moving my main store, but the new location should be able to keep all my old portal connections, and i am considering adding one or two more.

I use the ā€œ@ allā€ for the system messages in the new chat system all the time. I tried using the trade chat, but unless you have it open it doesnā€™t seem to actually alert you when there is a message in itā€¦

This is part of the reason why I keep connections to a couple of hubs/portal malls. Lets people know Iā€™m still playing, plus I donā€™t fuel my portals more than a week or so at a time so I wonā€™t be falsely advertising that I am open if I did step away from the game.

1 Like

The issue with people having trouble finding locations to buy and sell items at is how people crop up their location, throw down some shop stands and request baskets and do nothing else to drive traffic to it. The game is literately packed with locations that people have done this very thing.

If serious shop owners actually did spread awareness of their shop on these forums and on discord communities, they would get more traction. In fact, it would force players to compete over prices. It would eliminate the need to get snap shot locations and prices from Boundlesstrade.net.

In all honesty, if you want people to know you have stuff to sell, then you gotta start telling people and bring some value to the table with that shop. Give someone a reason to jump through 4-10 portals just to get to your location and then run for possibly a couple minutes to find it in the city or hub or wherever it might be apart of.

Malls would do better if the people that have plots in them for shops would actually put effort into their store outside of stocking the request baskets with coin and shop stands with items to buy.

3 Likes

I used to do that. I stopped but probably shouldnā€™t have. I do plan on starting it back up (for a little while at least) after the move is complete. I agree that the more serious shops absolutely should promote themselves better. I have ideas about this myself, but I have to focus one thing at a time with my limited play time right now.

1 Like

Right now I just happen-chance found out about a handful of shops that provide enough reliable stock and coin supplies for me to be a regular at.

Those shops are:
The Golden Fist
SHAMELESS
Alu-Tech (which might still be on vacation)

I donā€™t really go to any other shop because I donā€™t feel like spending hours running through portals to locations that donā€™t sell or stock enough coin for what I need. They lose out on sales because of that and I know factually I am not the only person who does this. A lot of people do.

This is of course ignoring the irritating navigation it requires to get from place to place. Those shops are the easiest for me to get to. So they get my business.

2 Likes

Fair enough, I do plan to rebuild my google spread sheet. I used to have one that I shared in my posts that acted as both a map and price list.

2 Likes

When I get my shop officially up and running in Ultima Hub Eresho, Iā€™ll be promoting the hell out of it on the forums and discord communities that have economy chats to post in.

Iā€™ve always thought that the average shop owner in this game is kind of not pushing the envelope in driving traffic to their shop. Maybe itā€™s because the extra volume in sales would make it much harder to keep up, but thatā€™s kind of the challenge of running something thatā€™s essentially a semi-business. It takes real effort.

1 Like

I donā€™t really advertise my shop because I know there is zero % chance I can keep up. I simply canā€™t farm enough mats to keep the forge going steady for myself and the plethera of people that will buy. Turning a leisurely activity in to work is not why I play. As of now I only sell excess forges at great prices. Just went and dropped prices last night so I can put other things up once sold. Iā€™m trying to fill a small niche of great forged items in a secret little nook spread by word of mouth. I like to think itā€™s working.

1 Like