Actual existing shops

Sounds like you’re a casual shop owner. What you’re doing is fine if you are. I am talking mostly about the ones who take it seriously and want to continue getting growth in their shop for expanding it or even starting other ones. There’s a lot of people who play games just for the economy side of things. They get a real kick out of it.

I wasn’t trying to say that you’re being lazy (not that I out right said anyone was or was trying to insult someone by slightly implying it) just that shop owners could put a little more awareness into their shop so people know where stuff is being sold. It doesn’t have to be regular advertising every week. It could be whenever you want to get a rush of sales in.

But I do understand the challenge of trying to keep a shop well stocked when there’s a plethora of other things that require your attention when you’re playing on top of everything that demands your time in real life. I get that. I understand it even more with stuff like forged items cause that stuff takes a long time to craft up.

2 Likes

Noms 'n More & Original Forgeries at Nova Golda Market are mine and I always do my best to keep stock up, tho lately due to health reasons I do have less time to play each day but that will be over at end of June and even then I still re-stock daily just not 3 to 4 times a day as I normally tend to do…

Also my request baskets at Coin Converters are being re-coined at least once a day, usually 500k to 1.5m in there… And there are plenty of other shopkeepers who have baskets inside Coin Converters as well!

Besides my own shops there are plenty of other shops that are being restocked on a regular basis at Nova Golda Market…

I did check it out. I am not trying to be a jerk when I say this… but the place felt as empty as Gyosha Mall. :confused:

I haven’t checked it out really at all lately though but the coin converters left me with much more to be desired. I guess this is just the side effect of the location being very new. At least you made something. lol

Can you remind me how to get there?

1 Like

Ouch…

How so? Is 500k to 1.5 million coin not enough to your liking???

And when were you there last?

Besides, like I said, Noms and forgery shop are always stocked…

PS Lamblis hub? Or Ultima Eresho 2x2 shop portals, DK’s Ultima Tree, Hunt Hive, Meteor Meet, etc.

Perhaps if you tell me what you are and were looking for it might help?
Also would like to know why it was a let down…

I probably came off as an ***hole (no clue why that isn’t censored so I’ll censor it myself).

I think when you first announced it was open and all… like an official grand opening is when I immediately checked it out. Then later after you announced the coin converters I checked those out immediately. So maybe there just wasn’t a lot out for me to look at.

Also, for me to sell at a request basket, the prices have to be higher than the regular places I sell to and it has to be for items that I regularly get.

This is a challenging question to answer without me just simply withholding information.

I check out shops for a number of reasons.

• Price checking
  • Analyzing potential competitor’s player traffic at the time of visit
  • What is being sold
  • Quality of forged items if that’s being sold
  • Quantity of items sold in shop stands
  • What is being bought in request baskets at what price compared to other shops and budget limits.
    Those are just to name a few reasons.

It isn’t necessarily a let down or disappointment, it just felt like buying prices weren’t competitive enough for me. I mine up diamonds. I have a place that buys them for 50c each. I didn’t see that at your shop. Same goes for ore as well.

When prices don’t look competitive enough for me, I tend to go with what I feel is more reliable. So far for me that’s been The Golden Fist for pretty much all my forged items and gem selling needs. Part of what I’d like to see from people marketing their shops is that competitive pricing again. I love the competition. I love being a part of it from a seller and buyer point of view. It’s the only thing that keeps me playing the game. Everything else but building is boring to me.

3 Likes

That is a fantastic idea and really should be required at some malls I think. I have gone to several and seen the same tools in the same spot. It is like the shop owner plopped them down and then shows up for the footfall. I try to check my two shops every day, sometimes life gets in the way, like today, doctor’s appointment and in too much pain to really get on and do much, but I know that some never visit, have noted what is on the stands and no new items are added.

I also highly recommend @AeneaGames Nova Golda Market (got it right this time LOL). as she is always stocked, has fair prices and does good deals.

2 Likes

I should also add, I really dislike shop layouts that force me to run around a lot. It makes me feel like I am wasting more time than I should be. I would take that piece of feedback with no weight at all though. My opinion on visuals should never be something another player puts any value in. I am extremely picky to a fault.

1 Like

The footfall is actually pretty ok if I’m being honest, but yeah, it can feel empty at times but sadly that seems to be the case in most places these days in the game :frowning:

We need more players!

Which might make it interesting to you personally, which I get, but buying items for more than others is a sure way of losing coin in the long run.

If I really, really, really need something bad then I am willing to pay more than others but only then. Most of my baskets are there to keep my supplies up so my prices should be about the same as most and I try to never go above SELL prices from other shops either. So if some of my prices seem low, that’s usually because I could go out and buy them for that same price OR they are priced in such a way that I save a little bit of coin by people selling to baskets instead of hunting the mats down myself…

I’ve checked the 3 shops you mentioned that you seem to prefer, their prices seem to be lower than mine in most of the baskets I came across.

I also do not need to buy ores or gems since I mine myself and/or do trades with some others for them.

It is sorta odd to dismiss (to put it mildly, your wording ‘at least you built something’ was worse) a market/shop when they don’t buy the items you want to sell most tho.

I can understand you rather go to shops that want to buy the items of you but to comment like you did seems a tad weird, to me.

Also, the prices of the items I sell for instance are very competitive as compared to the shops you mention.

Also a rather odd remark since Alutech, Shameless and the Golden Fist are all bigger than my 2 shops combined and would require a lot more running around…

Even tho I, of course, never like it when people don’t seem to like my shops/market (doesn’t happen often either) I do know it’s just one person’s opinion. And looking at the shops that you seem to prefer to frequent I can tell it’s more about preference than anything else which is of course ok, we all have our preferences!

I think it depends upon the time that you visit a place & what server region it’s in, the day, etc. Most of the time, when I go to the mall there are numerous people there fixing up/stocking their shops or shopping. There are times when there’s no one there. I’ve gone to other hubs & malls - same thing.

Personally, I think Aenea’s baskets have good prices and the market is open-aire…you can see everything & run through her shops.

For an MMO to flourish, I do believe the more players the better. Right now there are barely 100 players online. 100 players across 50 planets. Out of those 100, how many are off by themselves happily mining or digging? They don’t care to go to a hub or run a shop. I don’t know what % of active players participate in the economy. I do feel like we are all still alpha-testers (which is fine with me). I can’t think of a released/retail MMO I’ve played that had less than 2000 players.

players

5 Likes

I got my shiny new ruby bow from you :slight_smile: ty

1 Like

Hope you take out a lot of critters. Btw I do believe the bows were fully stocked this morning.

Will they be gone by time I get home. Probably

24 Bows
6 Hammers
6 Axes
6 Shovels
4 Heal,energy,cleanse bombs

Stocked an hour ago.

1 Like

@AeneaGames I can agree that we need more players. That would only help shops that much more.

Just visited Nova Golda again. Yeah, your shop stall locations are compressed into a small space. Nova Golda is a mall. I don’t really like malls in this game. The bigger they get the harder it is to find all the good deals. I’d suggest thinking of implementing some kind of actual good navigation.

This is probably why it’s hard for me to explain it very well without coming off as some ***hole. lol

Anyways, even though I hate malls in this game that don’t have good navigation I’ll check yours own from time to time.

Awww, @AeneaGames , you don’t like our giant Golden Fist?

What I think @crypticworlds was saying, and correct me if I’m wrong, is that we buy what he was looking for and sell what he was looking for at prices that allow him to stop at one place and get all that he needs without navigating too many places. Its ease of effort and competitive prices

Our shop may be big, but you can easily identify each section and grapple to it instantly. Also, there’s almost always coming in the shop. A lot of people run into other people they know too. It’s fun!

Also, I did take a stop by the other day. I like the corruption touch personally.

Edit: Seems this post wasn’t needed though because he just explained themselves well lol.

3 Likes

You’re checking during a non-peak playing time. Later in US time that number goes up more than double. What that number only says is concurrent players at that time. It doesn’t say unique players. But I get what you’re saying.

Pretty much explained it better than me. lol

1 Like

Nope, it’s a market!

There are only 20 shop plots, 4 rows of 5, it’s a market so you can see through the market stalls to see the other ones, not sure how much easier it needs to get…

Which is fantastic for you since you don’t like running! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Which markets/malls have good navigation you think?

And thanks for visiting Nova Golda market!

2 Likes

Exactly my point. When you visit a place, it’s not always going to be the busiest hour/day. There are times when there are lots of players in one area, and times there are none. With 100-300 players on average, different time zones, different playstyles, etc…that’s going to happen. If you don’t care for specific shops, towns, or malls - that is definitely your prerogative. I’m glad you’ve found a few places that you like.

3 Likes

Haha, sorry no, that’s not what I said, I replied to cryptic’s post where he says he doesn’t like to run even tho your shop and his other favourites make you run more!

Yeah, I got that, but he also added in things like ‘left much to be desired’ and ‘well, at least you built something, lol’ which was not quite necessary in my opinion since it suggested something else entirely than a mere personal opinion based on convenience…

None of them. I get lost incredibly easy when visiting people’s large places. I just don’t like the running around in large built out locations that have absolutely horrible or no navigation. It’s one of the main things people have complained about when it comes to finding shops to buy and sell stuff to. There’s a reason why that perception of
99% of shop locations feel empty or abandoned cause they most likely are.

Think of it like this. Having roads be their own separate beacon and name isn’t good enough to show up at the top of the screen. I am sure other players are like me and would like to see street signs like you see in real life that tell you where you are. This kind of thing has to be included in the settlement’s design.

I will admit though I haven’t explored every settlement and location in the game cause I don’t have that kind of time during my week to do.

No problem. I’ll add it to my list of places to visit regularly.

1 Like

Oh I know, I was just teasing a little bit :). As a fellow forger, especially with quality gear, I respect your work! I know a lot people were very happy when you reopened your shop too. I think that’s evident from the responses on your store and market posts.

Sounds good! It just sounded like there was some miscommunication so I thought I’d try to clear it up. I can’t speak about that second part at all.

1 Like