Actual existing shops

The market plots have a numbering system, rows A thru D, columns 1 to 5, Original Forgeries is at A1 + A2 for instance. The numbers can be found on the flower pots. You could see them as street names if you want :wink:

I do think you’re understanding what I am getting at though. A lot of the older places in the game don’t have street signs made out of blocks and all that. It’s hard for me to explain it. :confused:

1 Like

Yeah I know, right now Nova Golda is the market, my workshop and Ghandy’s place. We don’t have roads yet and I do want to give names to the roads/paths and make signs.

But the market located there, I can’t really think how it would improve navigation if the different paths had names but I have this feeling that you might be referring to other bigger places instead…

I’m always interested in making things easier for customers so if I can I will most certainly try to do so!

1 Like

I hear you @crypticworlds. I recently stopped forging myself and started buying all of my hammers. I go to The Slingbow Depot, Shameless and The Golden Fist to do the vast majority of my shopping. I’m not a fan of the markets or malls, though many people are. Maybe its just that I never go window shopping. I go to the place I know I can get what I want at the amount and price I want so I can get back to playing the game.

Edit: I also know where they are at, and they have taken care of me. So I’ll continue to use them until they decide to stop selling items.

2 Likes

Well it’s small enough now that it doesn’t need any serious navigation. As it gets bigger it will need it. Other wise players like me won’t even bother visiting it if the effort involved in finding what I want to buy or sell to goes up in difficulty. It’s why I never bother to go to Gyosha Mall anymore.

It’s kind of why I think serious shop owners should market and advertise their shops.

2 Likes

What i think is a good idea, is signs with the goods in what direction, like the huge map @the-moebius is working on, iirc. Ofc street signs with “Tools down here” etc. wouldserve the Purpose :slight_smile:

But i am happy to see that shop owners come in here to do some Advertising. Sad that it aint many anymore.

1 Like

Yep, I think they should, yes. Or if they sell food/brews and forged gear perhaps I rather not! :joy:
Kidding aside, I’ve noticed that it does help indeed, starting threads here, updating threads, posting on discord, etc., etc.

I actually don’t want it to get too big. Plus I had the idea that if I wanted to add more plots I would instead add 4 more rows, E thru H and those would be in one of the other directions from the portal area so the portal area is in the middle of everything. It’s now the centre of the Coin Converters plots and the market plots on another side.

So if you know the shop number and with proper signs you can skip A thru D entirely and go straight for E thru H if you know the shops is there instead.

But like I said, I might not want to do that since honestly, I had noticed in the past when New Leyden Market got too big issues started to crop up too…

we installing some single plot quick sale stands where people then can lead shoppers to there big shop i love coming up with ideas like that so i add many more

I am working on a wall big enough to hold your map Project…sadly it aint on the same world^^

I think it needs go to a step further. Info panels, out of game maps made from Photoshop, and locations being sectioned off into districts or sectors.

So if someone’s shop is on Oort Street and off Wildstock Avenue in District A then you just need to know where District A is. The rest kind of narrows it down more. That doesn’t exist in the game with street signs and info panels with out of game maps as an additional later of support to the navigation.

lol its complicated when you realize you wonna slide entire map a bit to the right lol
i take some liberty’s on exactness to add extra signs around plazas
still lots to figure out lolz :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

it does exist :smile:¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°The Sunken Town Off Aquatopia °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`(freebuild spots numbered now)

Those look like blue prints. Not an actual map IMO.

I wish we could make signs with little maps with info like that for instance like in actual malls!

1 Like

That would be a huge QoL to the game. lol

1 Like

i just write map on it next time :smile:
works for me

I guess I am looking for something a lot more but that’s my habit of going over board on stuff like that.

I remember a mod for MC, where you created a wall map which showed discovery of said map in close to real time. It was modular, so whenever you had the room to put another map block down it would expand if you had more map discovered.
@james do you think something like that could happen for boundless? Like transfering Atlas data to a block which can be placed and makes a world map eventually?

Although I think this would be nice to have cause it would be really neat to see people make world map builds, I do believe that it would be a complex addition to the game. Still a pretty cool idea.

2 Likes

this is a concept we had made in EA

4 Likes