Add PVP in private worlds

Since we are getting battle gear. Can we add PVP on sovereign worlds.

9 Likes

Yes please! that would be a game changer

What will the point be for having PvP?

4 Likes

What’s the point of building an awesome tree or castle or whatever?

1 Like

I am ok with pvp so long as you were heavily warned with pop up that the soverign or beacon was pvp enabled. Or a toggle in settings that allows or disables you to be able to enter pvp zones. That way i can avoid them and those that want them, can have them.

10 Likes

Love the look and feel of the game and the building. Has player made economy which I really enjoy to take part in. Its Just missing more fun action type activities. Having few pvp planets where u could plot and build in the main universe would just add so much potential in my opinion. Like guild battles and arena games. Pretty sure it would add more people to the game also. My brother would come back and play if they added pvp and pretty sure I could get my gaming friends into boundless. Imagine minecraft without pvp it wouldn’t be the same. When I started playing at launch what kept me going so long was the thought that at some point they would add pvp so I could have some fun with my friends. Still waiting and hoping.

I worry that PvP will foster a segment of the community we don’t want. As it is, people who wish to harm others find very few outlets and quickly move on. This causes the game to hold on to very few competitive players.

Having a game mode that fosters open conflict will grow a segment of the community that is interested in conflict generally, and in between PvP matches, they are more likely to entertain themselves with plot griefing and harassment rather than building and crafting.

I am not saying that all PvPers are griefers, I am saying that many griefers are PvPers and, more importantly, gankers.

22 Likes

Well said. This is exactly the issue I have with pvp. In boundless, it’s a community based sandbox. Helping others is a core value. Chasing others for sport…I just fail to see how pvp fits the boundless universe.

8 Likes

Whilest i’m not necessarily against PVP (so long as its optional), I feel there’s a million more important things that should be added before such things are implemented.

9 Likes

Considering the amount of grief already happening, I don’t think this is a very fair statement. I personally think PvP is long over due for this game. I would love to have pvp battles, whether it’s open world or just duels, and I consider myself to be mainly a builder. I would love to see some pvp action in some of my future creations, so I would like to see duels more than sovereign worlds.

I do agree that it should be implemented correctly and if a sovereign world is a pvp world, before you enter the portal, you would get s warning message (with option to turn off the warning for future for that world). Then you don’t accidentally stumble into a pvp world.

Back 2 years, I remember a lot of people counter argument that it’s unfair for those that want to explore those worlds or gather resources there. Well, sovereign worlds have rendered that argument quite useless. The argument that it will cause more grief is a possibility, however most people here wanting pvp are not griefers.

If it’s true, that we’re getting more weapons and shields, and possibly armor in the future, it would be really fun to organize some fun pvp tournaments, whether it’s all styles allowed, ranged only, bombs only etc. I would be quite sad if we’re getting a bunch of combat updates, but the only content we can use it on is content that already provides no challenge and is very repetitive.

Besides, the biggest (and arguable grief inducing) pvp is already in the game, being prestige.

1 Like

Before Ever Quest Next got shutdown it was supposed to have blocks you could put down to create puzzles and games. the problem is apart from regen bomb games you dont really have much else to do.

Well, how about PvP as a global setting for everyone, off by default?
Then, players which have PvP setting enabled can fight each other even on public worlds but they can never harm new players with PvP off. Also, if you don’t feel like PvP anymore, switch it off and you’re safe. Perhaps players with PvP on should have red glowing eyes or something so you can easily spot them? :smiley:
Of course, switching between on and off should have a 15m cooldown to avoid abuse.

Regards,

1 Like

If PVP ever comes to boundless then it needs to be made to were upon death you drop all items and coins currently on you.

If you going PVP then you best go PVP survival style.

6 Likes

I would like some PvP, but only if it is opt-in ( arenas ( beacons), some exos, some private worlds, duels…)
would be sad to see noobs being farmed, or everyone using alts because their main character looks too rich

4 Likes

Tbh I think even if there’s pvp it should be made kind of “intentionally boring”

Like instead of having a HP bar and ppl dying, it just records who gets the most hits for 60 seconds or something like that. Or it records hits for everyone in the beacon next to their name until the beacon owner resets counters by interacting with the beacon.

1 Like

Please, no PVP in this game …
… or only as Apt says; make it opt-in :+1:

8 Likes

This is the only way I would stay playing.

4 Likes

PvP requires a completely different balance then PvE and will forever overshadow every decision they make. For every small change they will always have to ask “will this have an impact on PvP?”.

Time invested in adding PvP is a massive waste of development resources because it won’t interest the majority of the player base*.

*) How I know that? Obviously, with the majority of the multiplayer games being PvP it is very unlikely that a huge amount of PvP focused players picked one of the few PvE only games…

8 Likes

Oh come on guys. Obviously James isn’t going to add involuntary PVP.

2 Likes

Has anyone mentioned lootable bodies on death yet? :stuck_out_tongue: