Add PVP in private worlds

Who says we are getting battle gear? I see no dev saying this… Again just speculation.
This community does it Best.

1 Like

We know swords are in progress, planned for release with the offline server update.

You wanna me To search When that sentence was first said? Swords are In progress… Haha

So was Lance on progress… And Also Hunter. So… Half a year?

Longer, I think…

1 Like

I start speculation When they Release next knob… So i can say we get battle hammers with boomerang effect. XD

Sure, you can doubt that they will actually put anything in any release, but you said it was speculation, so I provided citation for that.

Believe it is coming or not, this is what a dev is saying.

You just ignoring that “no promises” part.

Their aim has been this and that past years but they lack on delivering things. Thats just cold fact

1 Like

I’m not ignoring that, and I explicitly acknowledged that it’s valid to doubt it. I am only disputing:

You see him saying Word battle gear?

1 Like

Though I doubt we will see pvp implemented any time soon and I fully agree with the grievances about how it attracts more hostile personalities to the game, I am still in favor of it because it brings purpose to builds that previously had none, and it opens up gameplay possibilities that currently don’t exist. Pvp does not have to be all rage and griefing, and we need as many tools and gameplay options as possible.

3 Likes

Is… is a sword not gear for battle…?

2 Likes

Who says its a sword?

1 Like

I mean… it looks identical to the released art for the hilt of the sword, so…

You know what, you’re just being toxic. I’m done.

4 Likes

No Im not. Im just stating that this is speculation.
Ive been here long enough To not start hyping something we might not be getting

1 Like

Who cares if it’s just speculation? If they want to get excited about something…let them. No one is trying to make you get excited so maybe return the favor and don’t rain on their parade? 🤷

2 Likes

I just want to add as an aside, that an easy fix for most pvp grievances is to simply have pvp only enabled in specific beacons, have rules for those beacons that prevent them from being abused such as size limits and respawn outside of the beacon, and clear notices when entering them that a region is marked for pvp.

There have been a dozen other in-depth posts on pvp where I go into greater detail, but I think people see those three little letters and assume global anarchy.

1 Like

I think this is how Landmark did it - some plotted areas could be PvP enabled. If we get PvP, I’m sure/I hope this is how it would go.

That doesn’t resolve my community filtering concerns, I believe that every competitive feature added increases the saturation of hostile players, but it does make it a good system design-wise.

1 Like

This is just my opinion.
Am i not allowed to share it?

This is typical For these forums… Someone disagrees with OP and all whiteknights come To resque

2 Likes

Keep discussions civil and constructive please.

8 Likes

Want pvp game? Play pvp game. There are plenty of these out there.

6 Likes