Adding comments but getting opposite of what I ask for

I think world regen would get rid of them before that.

3 Likes

It could depending on how long it is between placement and farming

1 Like

I agree with OP you should be able to pick which world you orbit outright.

3 Likes

Surely there’s a limit, though …

I wouldn’t basically want my home world to only have a view of a bazillion orbiting planets.

I don’t say that loaded with entitlement, though … I just meant … purely … imagine how lame it would be to look up in the sky everyday and only see planets? :cry:

1 Like

Ah … I thought if you created the world you at least had some say in how it was made up, otherwise what’s the point? My mistake! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the comments section is more basic things not specific requests about that order/ planet.

Well I did create the world but its not within the blinksecs of our Guilds Farming hub off of shedu Tier (Houches is like 42 bs away)…So I figured if I filled out the comments section that it would be taken into consideration… I pay for 4 planets and the GL pays for the other 4(his includes a 6km world).

The only level 6 planet not covered now would have been the metal planet. But given the comments by others. I’ll just ask for a refund. Just not worth my time arguing and playing a lottery system to get the results I am asking for.

4 Likes

They could also fix the portal system… above level 3 it’s a huge freaking mess.

James once mentioned that the blinksecs cost is to have portals mostly between the same region because a new player might wander off to a bad-ping region. I agree with that. I disagree with the implementation that you can’t stay in your zone for all level 4+ planets.

4 Likes

I spent around $100 trying to get a planet where I wanted one. No luck, so I let them all expire & I’m done with that :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

That’s absurd!!

5 Likes

To be honest I’ve kept my feelings to myself for the most part until now, since I haven’t actually rented a planet. But as someone with very limited/extremely limited spare money I have really not felt motivated at all in renting even a single one-time/one-month only planet because I guess there’s a 50/50 chance it’s going to land either within 1 blinksec of me, or within about 51 blinksecs.

I would not want to use my rented world at all (a colour-mining one at that) if it was 51 blinksecs away. That feels unreasonable to me, and while I do completely understand the logic of not wanting 200 planets all orbiting a single location and all the effects of that, it really sucks that people are basically “gambling” (lightly put) to get a planet in a convenient location for them.

But I guess I should make the time to voice these thoughts and more in the actual release notes thread or something… :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

It will spawn in the region you select, but that’s all you can control. It may end up too far away for you to maintain a portal connection without stressing about it (depending on what type of activities you participate in).

I just wanted one close to one of my bases. I knew the location would be random, but d*mn…I shouldn’t have to spend more than $100 lol. So that’s all for me. I reclaimed everything except a temp base and the mall out of disappointment.

I get the whole procedural generation thing so that there is variety, but this stuff is just pure frustration imo. Hoping a future update has some good/fun things in it.

9 Likes

Not being able to choose where the planet oribits is a major reason why I havn’t bothered with sovereign worlds myself.

To me, it seems like a basic feature thats been left out.

11 Likes

I haven’t bothered for the same reason. Tbh I probably wouldn’t keep one up anyway, but DEFINITELY not if I can’t pick where it goes

3 Likes

I haven’t got one myself but it seems there’s enough rng with sovereigns without the need for its location to be selected randomly.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it’s really RNG for server(orbit) selection, so much as a balancing decision/algorithm.

I mean I’m not sure how they’re managing it, but it’s not about having an RNG feature, it’s about balancing the server load. So if you’re trying to ‘roll’ a planet around a crowded planet, it’s not super likely.

3 Likes

So what happens, then, when everyone has ‘rolled’ past the ‘server load’? If this is an obvious case, then eventually a ‘limit’ would have to be reached in some way or another. At that point, do new public worlds ‘spawn’? Nah.

Here’s a thought - how about people who are dishing out real cash be allowed some semblance of a preference ‘within reason’ - until said reason has queued itself into oblivion?

I suppose at that ‘conjecture’ the developers could simply add a ‘selected region/ planet currently full’ message. This would then cause a new world to get shat out somewhere randomly across the cosmos. Simultaneously, the purchaser would now know it’s a completely hopeless cause trying to ‘roll’ a planet to their desired location… instead of literally wasting cash. :thinking:

5 Likes

You weren’t the only one.

4 Likes

I can’t not throw my two cents in here - count me as another who threw away a bunch of money in attempts to get planets around my chosen spot. I’ve made at least one other post suggesting we be allowed to choose the planet within the server and tier selection. Edit: Or at least as @anon52472533 said, have some sort of preference system or ranking selection.

Actually, had it been a true 50/50 coin toss, I wouldn’t have been so upset, but it appears as stated above by @Nightstar that the system might be trying to weight or balance it out somewhat (I almost rage-quit after one bad streak)… not getting info on what the case actually is here has sort of left a bad taste in my mouth here, tbh. Is it a fair toss, or is it weighted? RNG is RNG if it IS a fair toss, but if it is weighted and could be seriously skewed by a bunch of planets expiring or such, then I could be trying roll after roll with little to no chance and not knowing it.

I’ve calmed down about it from my initial outburst… but thing is, rolling the rentals is VERY addictive for me. You’re looking at someone here who used to spend hours just firing up random Minecraft seeds looking for great ones to start on. This hits all my exploration addiction buttons. So I’m finding myself playing while fighting the urge to buy more, yet not even knowing what the odds are that even if I roll a really great one, will it be of use for my hub?

The compulsion on buying is totally on me, and that is the reason as I mentioned in another thread that I’m considering taking a break soon, or just doing enough to keep everything going. And this game will always have a special place in my heart, this community is the best out there, I’ve made true friendships here, and who knows what the future will bring… I also hope to see great new things, and if I do end up breaking maybe be back with fresh life after. :slight_smile:

6 Likes