Adding players as friend from PS4 Error

when someone adds me from ps4 i accept it and they would still show with a red icon for me
so i try to add them as well but, when i add players as a friend that are on ps4 it will return the message that they have canceled the friend request. (and i just can’t add them)
but i show as a friend for them.
is this just me? has anyone else experienced this problem between pc and ps4 players?
not sure if there’s a topic about this, I could not find it

1 Like

I’m PS4 and had a problem adding someone the other day. They were also PS4. My friends list wasn’t full. But It just wouldn’t let me add them. And I was certain I added them to my friends a few days before but they weren’t in my list.

1 Like

found the issue

max friends is 250… haha
no wonder i could not add anyone …really a friend limit lol

Limits may be necessary, but the problem here is that could actually be just 25 players and their alts lol
(same prob guilds run into)

1 Like

i agree on limits , not sure on friend limits though

Does the message change immediately after sending the request?

Hello, no when i add them and they hit accept i get the message that they canceled the friend request.
but i found the reason behind it i have 250 friends already on my list so i will need to clear some out that are not playing anymore. it would have been better if after anyone reaches the friend limit that instead it shows (player) has canceled the request to something like you have reached your limit of 250 friends something to show it had to do with the friend list haha it took me a while to find out

so pretty sure its not ps4 related , but i just got lucky having ps4 players to add me

also if they send a friend request to me and i accept it then i get added on their side but for me they show red , so that’s why i tried to add them as well

1 Like

We have seen this problem and usually we have to remove people from our friends list because it is full. The system doesn’t give a full friends list error but it has been the only thing we have found to get it to work. Happens on PC too!

1 Like

i would just like to see the friend list limit to be gone :grin:

many people got alts to use and many people add alts to their friend list
this way the limit is reached fast

1 Like

I second this!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, it’s been added to the bug database.

I’m ps4 player and I cannot add anyone from pc at all from day 1 of boundless till even now…When I go to add anyone it dosent even show anything to press to add them.I’ve got 2 people on ps4 that are ps4 but impossible to add or them add me if they are pc.I always thought pc and ps4 players can add each other.I’m not on private so it’s not my ps4 that’s the problem.

Maybe parental control settings? I think they can affect friend adds.

2 Likes

I’m an adult and a parent of 3 so I’m in charge of all my ps4 settings so it’s not that. My kids are like 19 and above now and 2 moved out and my younger daughter dosent play on my ps4 I’m the only gamer in our house.lol.Thanks for suggesting this though I just noticed since playing boundless any pc player I try n add in game or they try n add me in game never works plus I never seen an add friend button only on a ps4 player I’ve added.weird I mention this now only because I saw this thread about it and thought I’d say what experience I’ve had.It do sent bother me so didn’t mention it before.It’s a bug but it was a while ago I encountered this problem.I suppose it could of been the pc players settings cause mine are all ok.

could you check just in case?

that friend option is enabled (ON) like Soju mentioned

1 Like

I am very sorry but I just went and checked the ps4 settings in game and omg I’m a bannana a silly sausage lol…I had it on platform friends only.so sorry I really thought I’d set it already.Well problem completely solved.! I suppose when i set my game up I thought I’d done it but I must of been excited and in a big rush to play boundless I obviously didn’t check it.Thank you very much for pointing the obvious out to me.Thankyou anyway. :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:P.s I just signed into parental bit n I feel stupid but I will always admit if I’m wrong.Lucky I checked and it was mentioned or I’d spend more years not been able to add pc players.

3 Likes

lol well i assumed it was off no problem glad its resolved for you!

1 Like

If i remember rightly I think you tried to add me few weeks back but I couldn’t see any button to press well it’s solved now thanks to soju - VB

3 Likes