Additional Skill Sets use the same skill points pool

You might have to say all skill points earned by a character are split between skill sets. As an example if your characters had 50 skill points you allocate the 50 points between all character skill sets, you do not get 50 skill points per character.

I know this does not entirely solve the problem but if you use a skill reset, you could reallocate your skill points across your skill sets. This does assume you have enough skill points to create two viable sets which this early in the game many of us would not.

1 Like

Just make it so that each skillset is like a separate “character” within the same character. Raise primary skillset to lvl 50, make a secondary skillset that starts at lvl 1 and gains 2 skill points per level. Skill points are pooled, so smart players would put all skill points into the secondary skillset to make leveling more fun and less grindy. However, reward chests for leveling would only contain skill points except for every 200,000 exp which would contain 2 bonus skill points and premium currency.

I too wasted money on a Skill Set upgrade when I should have just gotten an additional character slot. It puts serious reservations on any future purchases…

1 Like

Even something as small as adding:

• This will not provide additional SP pools, all SP will be pooled between all available Skill Sets

or

• This upgrade is intended for those who have maxed out their first Skill Set and would like to add another

It needs to be VERY obvious that you are not getting a new skill tree. MOST other games work the opposite of how your Skill Sets do, they provide the option for having different specializations and swapping between them.

1 Like

The first option could help for people that actually read the description.

Do you think that it should be added to the description or maybe on a secondary popup for final confirmation?

2 Likes

The problem is that the description is technically accurate for either implementation of skill sets.

I think based on the language and confusion you may want to add a confirmation pop-up. It isn’t something that players will be doing repetitively, and the added expense of one extra click is far out weighted by the user experience players are currently having.

1 Like

I am totally lost. Is there a good complete explanation somewhere? I am not even understanding swappable skill sets. Maybe my level (16) is too low for this to show up? I saw the max 100 limit and started saving cubits, thinking I would have to make separate characters: miner, builder, warrior, etc…

Basically if you reach level 100 (it used to be 150 before the patch but now you get 4 skill points per level after 50) then you can have 3 full skill sets to play with. So before level 50 these skills sets are essentially useless. If you’re looking to specialize I’d recommend getting an alt, then using the cubits from the alts to get more alts if necessary.