Advanced Lock not granting access

I am not certain if I am using the Advanced Lock correctly or understand what it ‘should’ grant access to.

I thought an Advanced Lock granted access to a 3x3 area based on this build:

In this when I give lock access it gives access to all the shelves.

However, when I use chests:

Each of the area’s where the shelves are will not grant access. So if you click on those shelves (even with perms) you can’t open them. The lock only grants access to the chests.

This came up because I was trying to do this setup:

You can see in the image, the lower three shelves have the red frame all the way around them…however the upper chests left and right do not have the red line around them. The upper right and left chest cannot be given perms via the lock.

I tried several things to fix this:

1. Broke and replaced the lock
  2. Broke the chests and replaced the chests
  3. Moved the lock back 1 block and forward 1 block

It seems inconsistent that it would grant 3 on bottom and then 1 on top. Is this a bug or intended?

1 Like

Have you tried chest in the corners?

1 Like

Yes,

If I put chests in the corners they cannot be used.

1 Like

I have a guild storage room I was thinking of changing so this is good to know. What happens if you add another lock above your first one?

lucadeltodecso commented on this before. I don’t remember he’s exact answer tho. But I don’t think it was going to be changed

I lie it wasn’t Luca.

4 Likes

Just tried. 2 locks works. But it’s 2 locks. :man_shrugging:

Edit:
1 lock
But it’s 2 deep.

2 Likes

What happens if you move the block the lock is placed on forwards?

In the post that @FireAngelDth linked, VDragon says

so with that block one forwards, the storages should then actually be correctly connected to the lock.

The same thing.

When @georgegroeg had the lock on an actual chest that was set back one block, it lights up all of them in his pic. But when he has it on the gleam, it does not.

Same with your lock being on brick set back one block. On rock, it doesn’t light them all up. What if you kept the setup you wanted, but instead of the back middle block that the lock is on being brick, try exchanging it with a chest?

That brick that our man @Stretchious circled in his pic. Change that out with a chest.

That still won’t lock the whole top row of chests. The lock works in a “+” pattern for chests. 5x5 for open storage.

2 Likes

It is because of how chests are different than storage blocks. With the way they merge things to lock it this is how it had to happen. So it is working as intended… I had a thread on it a while back.

2 Likes

Ah bummer. Okay thanks!!!

1 Like

Ah yeah, I’d forgotten it worked in a + shape!

2 Likes

I just ran into this problem and this topic was very helpful. Thanks, OP :smiley: