Advertisements And Growth Questions and What has been done so far by the community and DEVS?

Hi everyone Its L3g3ndaryPhoenix Well i am not back Yet. But I would like to Address some seriousness with Boundless as a Whole Community and the Current Wellbeing of the Game Progress and Support from both sides The Community: Player, Old Devs, & Devs: Community management, Devs if any, Owner of the Boundless.

I notice from time to time to see if it grow and there is players if there is i will join back. I am sure old players do the same. If you are a old player Please say True or something simple If you want to show your support is still here so the community knows its the Player count that is affecting the game.

As a past member I feel my forum post can address issues that the community may not be happy with making or feel there will be backlash from player abuse I knew some people thought this post in the past will cause that while i am playing But now i do see its not growing so i see why not post this.

OK NOW TO BUSINESS: What has You as a Player has done to promote the game Please say so we can show You support the game And want to see it grow. it will be either as Running paid ads from own money OR Making youtube or streaming the game Or Showing it to your community your are in other games or friends. Also if it help has you seen a respond from these player that did join and they left if they did do you know why ??? from your promotions?

As A dev or Anyone that manage the game it self. HAVE you Done ads Video promotions or Gave streamer and content creator keys To share to viewers to join the game? IF so what was your results did they not help if so do you know why. Also with the money you get from the game right now can you use some of it to ads if not would you interested in making a store for us to donate to run ads and also have the content creators and community help with making them so its up to date since the old trailer wont do it anymore since there’s a lot of progress now. I do believe there’s hope also you don’t need to have update to promote the current game when i played it was fun and entertaining. also since the economy is high in game i suggest promoting that too in ads videos there’s a lot of players who love those type of games. also do a discount when running ads on steam and PlayStation or just steam.

IF the devs don’t answer Will we the community be willing to Make effort to promote game with ads and make a video i can help with that also if we feel that we need outside help we can get it there fiverr too where we can get people to make trailers for us.

IF this offends anyone i am sorry I am trying to help you all out. I hope this can lead into some serious communications with the community and devs Hoping you guys comment on this too Also if you know how to reach the devs since they don’t read the forums Please do this is important.

8 Likes

I’ve paid $250 for the Game
I’ve played over 3500 hours
I’ve bought 10+ additional copies for family and friends
I’ve Gopher’d for a few guilds and provided thousands of work hours for gems/rock/dirt/sand
I’ve helped put together a top tier mining network for a guild, paid $800+ dollars to gen planets.

What do we have shown for improvement?

I’m tired boss. Plus, I couldn’t spend more on a penny stock style game. To me, its run its course. It’s up to the game dev team to breathe new life into this hidden gem. This starts there but who knows on what is actually being worked on.

Promotion wise…I will save my $250 daily ad spend budget for promotions that will generate revenue and a high % CTR. Boundless cannot do that for me atm :frowning:

5 Likes

Forgot to add gleam club as well :slight_smile: Since post edits are not allowed :frowning:

2 Likes

I really am not sure how much I spent in total from the past 3 years.
Have has gleam club for 2 years I think?
I have 5,000+ hours.
I was able to get the game for 3 people.
And 6 people I was able to get into the game, soon 7.

But 3 people don’t play I know for sure.
Reason: 2 people thought the game was to hard, even with help. And one person stopped because life was to busy for them.

I have just started streaming again hopping I can help with that as well. I just don’t have a big following so that’s part of why I am not much help on that line.

3 Likes

I have streamed a good bit, reached out to a few larger streamers I know with 10k+ viewers when they stream and asked if they could try the game out and/or stream it. I have also mentioned Boundless on several other gaming sites without much luck.

I have also given out 20+ copies of the game to friends and a few viewers on my stream. Many of whom did give the game a try, but most didn’t stick around.

Streaming Boundless is tough… because the only real audience that might tune in is someone that plays the game and/or someone who is interested, but don’t let that turn anyone away from streaming as the more of us that stream the more it will get noticed.

I regularly visit people streaming the game including Host, Chicula, Cosmic, fortunist (when he played) and a few others (sorry if I didn’t mention you).

2 Likes

So for me the thing is that the game has officially been into maintenance mode since September 2022. When all of the issues are resolved it’s going to move in some new direction.

With that in mind other than hanging around and chatting on the forums, or sharing pics/stories/whatever of my gameplay when I’m active, I haven’t really done anything to promote the game. To support the game, like many here, I’ve bought some keys, including full digital deluxe at release. Paid years of gleam club. Maybe 20 sovs. Etc…

So, in the sense of actual developers, there are no “Devs”. Of course there is a studio. We have some community management, and as far as I can tell from people who post and email - they’re relatively quick to provide support on actual problems.

Not so much on random suggestions, unsolicited business advice, or random demands :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A lot of people seem to feel that the game is “struggling” or “failing” but honestly, those times have already passed. People do still find it because the platforms advertise it. But the ones who make it to the forums are often discouraged from playing by some fairly doom-and-gloom presentations.

Yet another reason, by the way, that someone like Sony might not want the end dates of any support or maintenance contracts to be revealed. A game with a 2 year guarantee is a lot less likely to attract new sales than one with no mention of any such thing.

Anyways myself I tell people “it’s in maintenance mode but there are people here having a good time.” if there’s not already a few posts telling them that the game is abandoned and could vaporize any minute :man_shrugging:

I am definitely not trying to be gloom and doom or anything and good to see you back around. But right now - it’s a little tough to really promote and I don’t know if even a massive surge in players would change that. It would, however, make it a lot more fun to play.

1 Like

Also I work evenings (locally) but would participate in something like this if the time was good:

Float the invites for a couple of weeks and we could probably lock up at least one planet.

1 Like