Advice on game crashing

I saw something odd with a new guild member today, running around a T1 permanent world, one area continually made their game crash. The area wasn’t plotted, with no builds for quite a distance, and there were maybe 4 or 5 people on the planet. After they tried to enter the area three or four times, the game then crashed on them in the sanctum. I advised them to send a ticket to the support email, which I believe they have done - but I’ve not heard of a region causing the game to crash - has anyone else? If so, do you remember what you did to be able to access the game again?

PC or Playstation player ?

I did have a few crashes where I try to go to sanctum and while I know I am in sanctum I can still see the entire world.
I can only force the game to shutdown and restart Boundless.

i like to know the location so i can see if i can reproduce it.
the only solution is just to close the game fully and restart it

i have experienced it more than once myself

1 Like

He says the game is crashing as soon as he tries to log in, but I am unsure if he uses PS or PC, but I’ve linked him to this post :slight_smile:

1 Like

if hes on pc he can try to verify the files on steam, by right cliking boundless on steam and then properties

I’m the player having problem i’m on PC. I verify game files even reinstalled game only crashed going near the farm or through the portal (Clay farm wip). Now the game crashes 6 sec in The Sanctum when the portal open

2 Likes

Welcome! And sorry to hear you’re having issues, can you login a alt character just fine?

Don’t have a alt.

can my portal exit be reset?

You could try bumping the warp on the exit portal. Or open up the second portal to your base. I don’t know if 6 seconds is enough time to do either, though.

1 Like

Maybe buy quick a character token and make a new alt?

Support@playboundless.com send an email i would say

1 Like

yes, the support email was the first port of call. I was asking here because I’d never seen that before

1 Like

What planet was this on? I remember exploring planets on my PlayStation and it got super laggy in a region with no buildings, plotted areas, or anyone around.

It was on Storis II

I am in contact with him on Discord and so far the problem does not seem to persist.

If he gets more problems then I will try to help him and if solved I will write the solution here so others can learn from that or even solve their own problem if they have the same.

1 Like

Thank you, it was such a weird problem

1 Like

No problem @Eneitgranny. I will help wherever I can ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds unusual. I encountered a similar issue once. Clearing cache or reinstalling helped, but support’s your best bet.

1 Like

Similar issue occurred; contacting support helped. Reinstalling or adjusting settings might resolve access problems after unusual crashes in specific areas.

1 Like