Alternative Ways to Earn Cleanse Points

I’m almost to level 24, and leveling is increasingly, “grindy”. That’s a good thing for progression, but a bad thing for the amount of Cleanse Points we get being directly linked to the amount of levels we achieve. I know the devs want us to essentially make a build for characters, since we won’t really ever be able to have ALL of the perks at once, but you can only respec your character so much. If we want to try different builds, it’s a bit difficult to do so, and you can only do it so often until you finish leveling.

I’d love it if there was a way to gain cleanse points other than simply leveling, whether it’s simply logging in once a day and gaining a cleanse point, or something more intricate. What do you think?

Looks with sad eyes at the three points he put in Control today, thinking it was Power

7 Likes

Control is one of my favourites, though I do spend a lot of time building.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. :slight_smile: But I decided I wanted to make the Karokendo Mining Build, and I used the points on the wrong one. >.< Silly mistakes, heh.

3 Likes

The cleanse points are intended for small adjustments, or so you can try a skill and then decide you don’t want it and “refund” it, rather than as a full re-spec. We do intend to offer a full re-spec option as well (or maybe as you say a way to get a load of cleanse points in one go).

We are considering this as a paid option (real money), but we could look at other mechanisms too – like your loyalty suggestion.

15 Likes

Your comment really scares me… Especially on the state of the game.

Why I don’t feel cleanise points works to try a skill at the moment and why we need more ways to get these points:

• Some skills provide little feedback. Exemple: In Agility Attribute is needed two or three levels to feel some diference.
  • Some skills are not even woking but we can buy them. How players are suposed to know what’s working?
  • There is too little information in game to know what certain skills do, especially crafting skills, we are constantly looking at material provided by other players to it.

Like @james point out in other topic, features tend to “break” and change due to how players interact with it. I belive is too soon to restrain players of doing mistakes in character build.

Suggestion:
I’d make a really hard to collect and craft material to allow a skill three reset (or cleanisese point gain) and in the future add the option to buy this item with real money.

3 Likes

remember we are in first live progression test
there will be more information on skills in game in future, thus less need for a lot of cleanse points I’d say

3 Likes

Totally agree.
My comment is considering how the is game at the moment.

If your comment considered how the game is currently then you need to “re-consider” that it is still in Early Access. A point I still see many forgetting even though for the most part it is in a very good state and provides ample entertainment.

There are going to be bugs, stuff won’t work… voicing it in the forums constructively brings light to these bugs and/or errors. You ask in bullet-point 2 “How are players supposed to know what’s not working?” The answer to this is those who test and tell you it’s not working. Which many have and are still doing.

1 Like

Also if there is a lot of feedback about a specific instance, like the lack of iron way back when, then they know to change it, but they also need some slack cuz I mean they’ve been working hard and we’ve been reaping the wonderful wonderful end product.

1 Like

Problem I have with cleanse points right now is that I’m getting 20 talent points per level and dumping them into attributes. If I don’t like an attribute, I can only undo 3 levels of it at most when I’ve just bought 4 levels of it. Gods forbid I only have a single cleanse point available…

What if max cleanse points scaled up with talent points?

3 Likes

So… Looks like I’m not expressing myself well…
Sorry guys, I do not meant to bring light to bugs and/or erros. :confused:
I myself am a game and app developer and I do understand that things take time. I’m not blaming things to not be perfect in anyway.
I pointed out those erros to argument why should be easier to get cleanise points atm. I myself I’m not in want of any.

Again, I’m sorry it seems I’m flaming things. I did not meant to.
I’m really in love with this game and I’m pretty satisfied to all dev decisions so far. I’m sure for cleanse points will not be different.

2 Likes

Or you earn as much cleanse points like skill points at every level (for example at level 8 you get 5 skill points and 5 cleanse points), BUT you need as much cleanse points to cleanse a skill as much skill points it costs. So you bought power III for 5 skill points, u will need 5 cleanse points to cleanse it, or you bought a 46 skill point craft skill, then you need 46 cleanse points to cleanse it.

But a question: changes will come to the pre-1.0 live version too, should we save skill points for future content, or we will be able to respec our characters at each mayor update?

1 Like

You will be able to respec before 1.0, but exactly how and when I’m not sure. We may end up forcing everyone to respec if we make changes to the skill tree because that’s probably easier then trying to migrate all the characters.

1 Like

So we cant rely on a full respec option at every live update (like the upcoming creature balance change)? Well then its better to save some skill points. :blush: