Am I right to hate Besevrona as a miner?

I really do understand the reasons, but in the long run does it hurt the game to have planets where people do not want to settle or gather due to the design of the new planets being more accommodating to activities? Will we crowd the better planets leading to complaints like we are getting now, but the universe supports the player base based on number of planets? Would the kind of changes Tobelawe is talking about require a planetary wipe?

All things we will see as the Universe evolves and planets are added.

Fed-Ex used to run on the slogan of “Don’t let Best get on the way of Better.”

You shouldn’t freeze progress in the name of trying to get everything perfect. Moving forward with incremental improvements, knowing that none of it as good or perfect as it could be, is typically better than doing nothing hoping/waiting for the best possible implementation to become available.

Add to this the idea that ‘perfect’ or ‘best’ are defined differently by different people, and constantly changing for most people, and constant progress towards an evolving goal becomes a much more attractive option.

Finally, a lot of improvement is only coming from delivering product to customers and getting feedback. Making that loop longer by doing more internal revision still won’t get you actual customer feedback.

I never said they should not improve the newer planets. I hope they do listen to the feedback provided and maybe not do a starter planet with canals again. My question was is it in the best interest of the game not to modify the older planets with the same improvements the new planets get despite the affect on current players.

We can do that now… There is absolutely no reason we can’t beyond the fear that people will leave because of the work they put in on the existing planets and builds. Or the fear on the other side that new people will leave because of their reasons.

The reality is by having a not optimum base of planets to start you just risk them become wastelands anyway because of people moving to the newer planets. So really in the end people are starting over anyway just in a different way.

Both sides of the decision can risk the game because of players leave. The bigger issue I see right now is a group of people that have supported the game that are not happy or inspired to really play because of various limitations. There are those that don’t care about certain things and others that do.

Many of us really asked for planet iterations after the hunt universe was revealed but that happened in a silo an not in a community manner and I think now we all are really feeling the pain. The only difference in our pain is no fun in the game and possibly leaving because of it. Their pain will be monetarily and loss of a select group of supporters.

2 Likes

I really hope the devs do make it where caves on these dangerous worlds are worth exploring. More resources in more caves will make it all the more worthwhile.

So I’m not the only one having issues finding caves?

Maybe I was spoiled from Vulpto with its massive, winding caverns… but I haven’t been able to find a single cave on any planet even a tenth of the size of the cave generation we used to have. (If I can even /find/ a cave.) It’s been really weird as a miner.

2 Likes

I really like the idea of the universe evolving and changing over time throughout the updates to world generation. We’ll always remember the, “elder” planets (our current planets), and new ones will always feel a bit fresher and newer. More refined.