Andoweem ?-Regions

Most of the time i have North of ??? or West of ??? etc. until i walked to the center of a region and got a name.

Could it be that most of Andoweem isn’t explored yet :D?

its that you have not explored that region yet. It’s on a per person basis from what I can tell.

On Therka I see on the compass for example “NW of Nemus Joplin” before I have discovered the Nemus Joplin marker.

I think what he’s saying @Havok40k is that he sees the question marks - so does this mean at least one person on a planet has to discover a place before it appears as “NW of location name here” instead of appearing as “NW of ???” on everyone elses compass?

(My god it would be pretty cool to have it named after you if you were the first to discover it lol “Serpens Annie” - ermmm OK, it would be cool but would give crap names haha)

1 Like

I have North of ??? on where my house is hahaha

Ahhh, it’s been a change! Time for me to run round the world a few times again :slight_smile:

Named location discovery is part of your personal explorer progression.

We decided against player naming locations as the worlds are ultimately shared, and you will be able to name your beacons. We’re not keen on features that only a small % of players will enjoy, ie. once a planet is named there is no fun for the players who follow.

3 Likes

Remind on Risk Legacy probaly the greatest Risk adaption ever :smiley: , Ok than , so it’s nothing special actually, and i have thought the australiens are a bit lazy and thats the reason people don’t seem to know where diamonds and emeralds are :smiley:

EDIT: nah screw this i just found diamonds XD

Not to mention after seeing what happened with No Mans Sky and over 70% of the worlds being named profanities.

Well while i do agree having one player directly naming a region when he discovers it is only satisfying for those relatively few players, one could even go apeshit and just running arround the world on day one trying to be the first in each region,

but i got an idea, this is purely for fun and nothing special actually but why don’t collect names from the community and for 1.0 the devs could use these names, while collecting them they could already filter out those not appropriate, but maybe that’s nothing to discuss about because maybe the currently used names have something to do with the lore ;D

1 Like