Announcement: Retiring the Legacy worlds

We’re planning to take the Legacy worlds offline on 1st August 2016.

These are the worlds that were originally launched when Boundless (then Oort Online) was published on Steam. This version of the game hasn’t been updated since the end of 2015 when we added the new Beacon and Trading systems.

All development is now focused on the Live and Testing versions of Boundless.

We’re taking the worlds offline to save resources. The data will not be deleted.

6 Likes

Does that also mean that the ols textures wont be deleted too? Im in love wiht them thats why i need to ask this

What textures, exactly?

I guess he means the 102 release textures? While I prefer the new ones (mainly because they are so colorful) I can understand why some people would prefer the old ones ^^

No problems with that from me, fully understand the costs involved with keep old servers running and no one using them!

This also gives me a nice deadline to get the boundlesscrafting.com site revamped with all the new content! :smile:

3 Likes

@sikerow , the data will not be deleted… I guess data include the textures.

yay thats awesome i hope they add a setting to enable the old textures they were so more colour ful do i think

Gonna miss the beautiful textures of the legacy version :sob:

I hope some of them will make a reappearance in the main version :wink:

12 Likes

is it me or is the legeacy better looking wiht shader and overall light shadows and stuff

4 Likes

Yeah now that you mention it the lighting seemed to work much better in the legacy

4 Likes

and other effects over all not just lighting

And the textures themself…

2 Likes

Now that there’s a day/night cycle, it seems to be pretty close to the legacy version

1 Like

I have a couple of of textures I miss but overall I rather like the new look

2 Likes

I’m sure they could make them available to the world creator, perhaps.

Farewell my beloved builds…Lapas…forever in my heart.

6 Likes

O my…yes me too - idk … these are so beautiful. You picked some nice constructs and a good eye for scenery and perspective.

1 Like

Bye bye Rurigar… Asgan… ima cry

1 Like

Will the new worlds be named as the old ones? I know I am not the only one who has a soft spot for the worlds we called Home for so long :sob:

9 Likes

Rest in peice lapas you will be missed but stil have a special place in our hearts

1 Like