Another question: portals what is the cost of running one?

My son was asking me if I knew what it would cost to run a portal. So, after doing some searching here and seeing posts from before October I’m asking for help in understanding what it cost to run a portal.
He wants to put one in his base, not sure if he just wants it to be a personal one for us, or one that anyone can use. Probably one that anyone can use, but it would also depends on the cost of running one.
What is involved? he said he knew what it would take to build one, but the upkeep cost is what he wants info on.

Is this the kind of info you’re looking for?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1REIOQhjBdICLsxN_VJM7pz844aey_6Tc/view?usp=drivesdk

edit: “cost” is shown in Oort shards :slight_smile:

Here’s tips from a broke player on how to run a portal without too much effort.

If one of your characters has mass crafting, the extractor can make 250 oort shards out of 18 rough oortstone and 10,000 spark (no coils). For a 1x2 portal to your planet’s hub that gets you about 9 days after paying the opening cost of 50 shards.

Best way to get rough oortstone is to participate in hunts. You can mostly hide somewhere safe and just pick up the loot while others do the fighting. You’ll get those 18 oorstone in a couple of meteors.

So you need a way to generate 10k spark, a way to survive meteor hunts long enough to loot them, and 2 portal conduits which can be bought from stores in the 350-450c range.

2 Likes

Just going to leave a link to a post I did in a different thread, that helps with not just the cost, but a lot of other info with Portals too, and it might help make things easier for you as well:

I set up a 2x2 portal. It cost 150 oort to open, 3 oort/hr to maintain. I can solo level 1 meteors which usually yield ~7 oortstones. As I’m wandering around, I can find dormant meteors for 1-2 oortstones. 2x a week I’m attempting to mass-craft oortshards. The initial cost was the worst part. Now, I get better footfall. I could probably start buying oort. It’s manageable.