Any mods that decrease the size of items on the ground?

They’re bigger than they need to be IMO and if I’m mining and ignoring the stone, they’re a real eye sore on the ground. Wish they’d take up less space, smaller like Minecraft dropped-item size.

Also, I’m curious if there are any mods that lessen the particle effects you get while mining.

Thanks. <3

3 Likes

Particle effect mod(s) are on the Discord. Don’t think one for size change exists though.

2 Likes

there is a way too reduce the size of dropped item, but it will alter every items in the game. i’ll take a look later in which file is it.

1 Like

I’m okay with that. That would be awesome :smiley:

…\Boundless\assets\archetypes\itemsettings.json

{
“dropBobMagnitude”: 0.05, --> wobely effect up and down ratio
“dropBobSpeed”: 2.0, --> wobely speed between the up and down
“dropRoatateSpeed”: 1.0, --> rotation speed
“dropScale”: 1.0, --> Size of the dropped item
“dropBlockScale”: 1.0, --> not sure what this does
“dropMaxSize”: 1.0 --> maximum Size of the item when full stacked
}

3 Likes

Oh that’s fantastic, thank you so much!

Oh my gosh it’s SO MUCH NICER! :heart:

4 Likes

I remember the relief of this lol

1 Like

I just can’t believe I’ve been playing for over half a decade and have never done this.l

There a way to remove the hammer too, the speed diamond hammer was giving me headache while mining a lot.

1 Like

Oooh that would be nice.

BTW! The particle effects mod that was posted in discord seems to be about bombs specifically. I’m curious about maybe lowering the smoke/dust and “hit” mark when mining with a 3x3 hammer.

The block_break and block_hit_burst particle effects are the ones that make the dust. You can just edit the sfx file to remove those 2 particle effects from the particle effect in the []. Or you can actually edit the particle effects themselves to have a radius min and max of 0 and a lifetime of 0.

2 Likes

yeh I’ve been looking into the files since this, thank you :smiley: gonna try that.

This gets especially in the way when chiseling, practically blocks view of the hit box it’s so dense

Sometimes it feels like everything in the game was made to fill as much screen as possible

And when you think you can just look up and it’ll be ok
BAM
lens flare

1 Like