Any Titans yet?

Pretty sure they’ve been fleshing out pve… that includes the custom item system (centraforge) the skill revamp, wearables, mob balance, planet difficulty, etc. It’s way more than just Titans. And it’s not as if they can’t work on several things at once, various devs specialize in various skills and areas of the game after all.

5 Likes

I’d be okay with just large monsters that are difficult to kill as well. Even if titans don’t make it in the game, if we have some difficult monsters I’d be cool with it.

There are art assets for 3 (?) Large creatures with Ai presumably being developed for them as well. These should be a sort of progression boss or challenge mob. There is the stone thrower, the ground basher, and the Giant Worm. I’ll have to dig up their concept art around here somewhere…

3 Likes

Oh nice! That is definitely encouraging for me. I thought all we were going to have were those stone shooters.

I believe the worms are after launch, but still the giant stone throwers and ground bashers will be awesome!

… and don’t forget about the Hunters

2 Likes

And also don’t forget the concept for the Protectors

3 Likes

I think the Protectors will be introduced in game at the same time as Titans, so not likely for 1.0 release.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m really ready to start adding those beams and columns that I know have been in the works.

Among other things.

1 Like

This would be a good place to bring up the idea of event planets or planetoids that pass by the boundless universe for a limited time - they can be short lived worlds that could allow PvE, disallow beacons or have a low vertical plot limit (so you could set up a temp gate) as well as house titans for their brief run through the galaxy…

4 Likes

:wink:

4 Likes

Meant “bring it up again” :wink: :+1:

1 Like

What are these protectors all about? The art for all of this stuff is great.

@Prome3us What you just described would be THE perfect setup for seasonal events… A passing moon or asteroid, an unstable gate, etc.

if you type in protectors in the search it will come up with a concept art page, and that has more art. otherwise however we don’t have a whole lot about them, other then the fact that they are possibly related to the Titans.

1 Like

Must admit wasn’t an original idea, just wanted to bring it back up

I don’t care who came up with it–I just know that it needs to happen.

1 Like

Potential for them to be present on exoworlds in the future…? :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Maybe Titans will spawn in with the Exo worlds and there will be prespawned titans with the planet (Like 5-6) that just roam and once they’re defeated then they don’t come back

1 Like

I don’t wanna kill anyone’s dreams but I dont think we’ll see titans any time soon. I’d love to have them but if it was close that would definitely be on a roadmap to ramp up anticipation and excitement