Anyone else lagging hard?

I’m in Chicago on Comcast

2 Likes

Since a week or two i ve also Connection Problems, every Time i want to ga from a EU Planet to a US Planet :unamused::unamused::unamused: this is unplayable in US Servers for means in am Not alone playing on PS4.

2 Likes

I’m east coast as well and on PS4 and it’s been pretty rough today.

I just ran all 50 and 6 were unplayable for me (tiggs tunnels, no action). This is not usually the case but I got stuck in various ways and essentially had to alt f4 more than once.

So while the connection distance can be an unavoidable reality, its worth noting that it does not ‘fail gracefully’

1 Like

on an exo hunt the lag was trying so hard to kill me. it lagged me underwater to drown. i couldnt catch up with the group. and each time someone revived me it lagged me back to dead

Yes. . And I’m fairly certain it’s game side because when the lag happens in the blocks fly everywhere if it’s me the blocks stay there in Crazy places. But the lack has been happening the last couple days the blocks seem to be going in the wrong place then suddenly they appear where they’re supposed to be which tends to be server-side in my experience

Its definitely game side. Me and some friends have been playing tonight (from different locations across the US) and only get “connection unplayable” statuses when we enter a couple of the planets including Circarpous I or Beserverona. Whatever server is hosting those planets is having major issues tonight. All the other planets are working fine!

1 Like

I dont know what servers are where (still new) but I went to TNT on Circar and it was unplayable due to the lag. I got kicked off twice just trying to get out of that area- one of the times I was kicked off I flew way up into the sky. I was there earlier today and had no problem. I was a little surprised there wasn’t a pin here talking about it as the area is a bit of a death trap now. Anyone know what is going on? Beseverona is the same way.

1 Like

I think those two are EU servers.

On PS4 AND on PC I get way too often ‘Unplayable Connection’ even on my home planet Trung! (and I live in EU).

But like Turrican above lately the US servers are becoming a nuisance, at times I can’t even play normally on any of the US planets which has NEVER before happened to me. Once in a while I had this issue with AUS servers, but US and EU were always perfectly fine for me.

Wondering what changed? Did Amazon change some routing around? Did many EU ISP’s? And since DK for instance is not in the EU what happened to the servers and it’s connection??

2 Likes

Yes there is regular to occasional lag even on servers in my region and on my home server.

Haven’t really played this weekend (sick) but it has been going on for a little while now. Don’t know what has changed but like @AeneaGames said something has to have changed between the servers.

Servers outside of EU (my region) are most of the times a pain to stay longer. And EU planets are very unstable. Understand it can have something to do with loading chunks.
But most of the “unplayable” warnings also happen when i just move a plot or two to interact with machines, storage and or stands/baskets.

Have checked, reset, reboot and what not my internet several times even went in to every thing to check settings. But it isn’t coming from my connection.

1 Like

I suggested in another post that perhaps we need a reboot of the system.

1 Like

I made some videos on that few days ago.

1 Like

Game was unplayable for me last night. Anytime I moved it had connection issues

I’m on PS4 USW and Beseverona was completely unplayable last night. I’ve also noticed that certain planets in the same region are running higher ping for me.

Yesterday in t4 Exo hunt was unplayable nö movement possible Had to abort the hunt :angry::angry::angry:

It was the same for me, but somehow it greatly improved for the second half. And I stopped lagging also on other planets.

Generally U.S. people could not play on EU planets and vice versa. The lag stopped for me out of a sudden, so I just think if there was not some synchronization going on in the background causing the lag between US and EU servers.

Did the Lag end for everyone ?